Trisha Yearwood chicken tortilla soup is one of the best soup recipes I‘ve ever eaten and homemade. Chicken tortilla is a delicious, creamy, and thick soup that is loaded with chicken chunks, corn, and beans, and topped with cream.
If you live in cold weather Tortilla soup warms your body, and consolation your soul and heart. As you know Tortilla soup recipes come from Trisha Yearwood, it would be good and delicious.
The recipe makes a TON, so if you’re only making the soup for 2 people I’d half the recipe. I’m thinking about freezing the rest of it because there’s so much. One of the reasons I like this recipe is because it doesn’t call for a whole brick of Velveeta cheese.
It is nice and creamy without that processed cheese. To make it lighter I cut back on the half-and-half and used 1% milk. You can also cut back on the butter a bit and use light butter. I’d make this recipe again.
Why You’ll Love This chicken tortilla soup:
- This chicken tortilla soup is delicious and easy to make.
- It’s perfect for a quick weeknight meal.
- The soup is hearty and filling, and the tortilla strips add a nice crunch.
- If you want to make it even more hearty, add a can of black beans.
- You could also add some corn. I used my homemade tortilla strips, but if you don t have any on hand, you could use corn chips, crushed tortilla chips, or even crumbled tortilla chips.
How to make the best Trisha Yearwood chicken tortilla soup Tips & Tricks
- Chicken tortilla soup is so overwhelming. When you start eating, you will eat so many bowls of delicious dishes. Therefore, you may need a lighter soup. When you buy a recipe’s ingredient, make sure to buy the lower sodium corn, fajita, chicken, and beans.
- You can freeze chicken tortilla soup and of course leftovers in the fridge. Before placing it in the fridge, make sure to let it cool to room temperature. When the soup is cool then take an airtight container or bag, now let it fridge or freeze.
- Apart from sour cream, cheese, and tortilla chips, there are plenty of garnishes you can add to the soup to make it significantly more beautiful and tasty. Some of my favorite ingredients is olives, tomatoes, jalapenos, avocados, cilantro, roasted red bell peppers, and salsa.
- I you do not want to cook chicken tortilla soup recipes from scratch. You can buy a rotisserie chicken from the market. You can save a lot of time, and add more flavor, making the delicious chicken tortilla soup within a short time.
- If you are cooking tortillas from start then I recommend you instead of boiling you can bake the chicken. Simple and easy ways to bake chicken just drizzle the chicken piece with olive oil or with your favorite oil at 370 to 375 degrees for 25 to 30 mint.
- If you want to make a thicker soup, you can add tortillas sliced into the mixture during cooking.
Sliced tortillas will absorb a lot of liquid, and make the soup thick.
- Here is a short detail about tortilla chips. First, make the slice corn size of 2 inches long, ¼-inch thick strips. Heat the oil in a pan at 350 to 360 degrees. Fry your tortillas for up to 50 to 60 sec. Before placing it into the plat, place the white paper on the plat, to drain excess oil. You can also place the salt as you want.
How to serve chicken Tortilla soup
As you know, chicken tortilla soup is a Mexican dish. You can serve it with a beautiful salad like tomatoes, lettuce, corn, and cheese. These ingredients give you a nice look at the tortilla soup.
How to make Trisha Yearwood chicken tortilla soup
Trisha Yearwood chicken tortilla soup
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 cans chicken broth
- 4 cups ½ 10.75-oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup salsa mild or spicy boneless, skinless chicken breasts (boiled, drained and shredded)
- 8 oz Monterey Jack grated
- 8 oz sharp Cheddar grated
- 1 15 oz can black beans drained
- 1 15 oz can kidney beans drained
- 1 15 oz can whole kernel corn drained
- 2 tbsp tables spoon ground cumin
- 1 1.27-oz. packet fajita seasoning
- 1 16-oz bag tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Take a large pot, put the butter and melt on medium flame.
- When oil melt add some onion and garlic paste, cook five mint when garlic and onion softened.
- Add all-purpose flour and stir until well combined. Now cook for mint.
- Add chicken broth half-and-half. Mixed well.
- Add Chicken cream soup, salsa, chicken, corn, beans, cumin, and fajita. Mixed well.
- Simmer on low flame for 15 to 20 mint.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with sour cream, cheese, and tortilla chips.