In this blog post, we’ll be discussing the official recipe of Chief.
Chief is a prominent chain restaurant in North America that specialize in offering delicious and healthy food.
One of their most popular dishes has to be the Trisha Yearwood Chicken Lettuce Wraps. These wraps are so good they’re almost too hard to resist.
Trisha Year wood Chicken Lettuce Wraps are a twist on traditional Chinese lettuce wraps. I’m sure Trisha Year wood must be an amazing cook to come up with what might be the best recipe ever. By tossing the chicken in teriyaki sauce before wrapping it in crisp lettuce leaves, you remove that initial burst of cornstarch and do away with the need to fry the cubes ahead of time to create a crispy crust. You can either serve these immediately or let them sit for 15 minutes they’re yummy both ways.
Avoid the hassle of deep frying your chicken and skip those cloying sauces that can drown all other flavors as well as adding unnecessary calories
We’ve included instructions on how you can make these wraps at home for your friends and family just follow our step-by-step guide below.
Tips about Chicken Lettuce Wraps recipe?
- make sure to use a lettuce leaf that is large enough to allow you wrap the chicken up
- avoid using overly thick iceberg lettuce leaves as they may be too hard to eat
- the lettuce should help you feel full faster so it is recommended that you cut down on your portions of rice and other carbs when you eat this dish
- iced cold drinks such as lemonade and ice tea go well with these wraps. if you’re looking for something a bit stronger, go with an ice cold beer.
- if you’ve got room left in your stomach and want to add some fruit to your meal, consider adding some fresh pineapple or even a mango smoothie.
- if you’re not feeling the lettuce wraps idea, why not try making some of our pineapple fried rice.
- you can use any type of lettuce such as romaine, iceberg or butter head.
How to cook Trisha Yearwood Chicken Lettuce Wraps recipe?
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 kg boneless skinless chicken breast. cut into cubes
- ¾ cup soy sauce (dark, not low sodium)
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- ¼ tsp garlic powder or one clove of fresh minced garlic.
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt (according to your taste)
- ½ Roasted bell peppers have a rich and spicy flavor.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup Calve strano olives.
- 1 tbsp brine
- 1/2 tbsp tomatoes paste.
- 1 zucchini, cut into thick pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 head butter lettuce
- Trim the chicken of any excess fat and cut into cubes. Mix with soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic powder or fresh minced garlic, Italian seasoning and salt. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to two hours
- Stir fry the chicken with oil over high heat for about seven to ten minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside
- Toss together in a large bowl the roasted pepper, olives brine, tomatoes paste. cut zucchini into thick pieces and basil leaves
- Place one tablespoon of the mixture onto each lettuce leaf and top with chicken
- Serve immediately or cover until ready to serve. Make sure you don't leave the wraps sitting for too long as they will start to wilt
- Finally, if you want some extra flavor with your chicken wraps, consider adding some crushed red pepper flakes or extra salt to your dish.
- If you want something a bit more substantial but with the same flavors, then why not try our recipe for turkey lettuce wraps.