Potbelly chicken pot pie soup
This Potbelly chicken pot pie soup is creamy, delicious, and perfect for a cold winter day. It is perfect for a hearty winter meal or as a side dish. The soup is made with chicken, carrots, celery, and potatoes and is filled with a smooth and creamy potato soup base.
Why You’ll love Potbelly chicken pot pie soup:
- Potbelly chicken pot pie soup is hearty, delicious, and perfect for a cold winter day.
- It is made with chunks of chicken, carrots, potatoes, and celery.
- The soup is filled with a smooth and creamy potato base.
- Potbelly soups are great for a side dish or a hearty meal.
- Easy to make at home.
what goes with chicken pot pie soup
Potbelly chicken pot pie soup goes well with a wide variety of meats. It pairs great with chicken, ham, and turkey. Potbelly soup also goes well with bread, rolls, or any other side you can think of. See nutrition information for calorie content.
How to Make chicken pot pie soup
Chicken pot pie soup is a delicious and easy way to make a hearty, healthy meal. Here’s how to make it:
1. In a large pot, saute onions and carrots in olive oil until softened. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
2. Stir in chicken broth, diced chicken, potatoes, frozen peas, and thyme. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until potatoes are cooked through.
3. To thicken the soup slightly, whisk together some flour and water and stir into the pot. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Ladle into bowls and serve topped with shredded cheese or crumbled biscuits (if desired). Enjoy
Potbelly chicken pot pie soup topping
There are many delicious toppings that can be added to chicken pot pie soup, including crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, chopped green onions, and diced tomatoes.
what to serve with chicken pot pie soup
For a light meal, serve the soup with a side salad and some whole grain bread. If you’re looking for something heartier, add a side of roasted vegetables or Roosted potatoes. And for a truly indulgent meal, top the soup with some shredded cheese and crumbled bacon.
No matter what you pair it with, this chicken pot pie soup is sure to hit the spot.
If you are looking for more soup recipes to serve, try our pork and Crockpot patato soup, chicken tortilla soup and black Healthy Broccoli cheese soup.
How to thicken chicken pot pie soup
To thicken chicken pot pie soup and give it a richer flavor and creamier texture, simply add a few tablespoons of flour or cornstarch to the broth before adding the other ingredients. For an even healthier version of this comforting soup, use whole wheat flour or gluten-free cornstarch. You can also add some non-fat Greek yogurt or heavy cream for an extra dose of creaminess.
Chef’s Tips for Potbelly chicken pot pie recipe
If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy chicken pot pie recipe, look no further than Potbelly’s chicken pot pie soup. This hearty soup is made with chunks of chicken, carrots, celery, and peas in a creamy sauce. It’s then topped with a flaky crust made from scratch.
Here are some tips from the chef to make sure your pot pie turns out perfect:
- Use bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs for the best flavor.
- Be sure to simmer the soup until the carrots and celery are nice and tender.
- When adding the frozen peas, do so right at the end so they don’t turn mushy.
- The secret to a flaky crust is all in the folding – take your time and be gentle so that the dough doesn’t get tough.
- large pot
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cutting board Knife
- Rolling pin Pie plate
- Wooden spoon
Store leftovers in the refrigerator and reheat in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. Reheat until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
Potbelly chicken pot pie soup nutrition
Calories: 645kcal, Carbohydrates: 42g, Protein: 27g, Fat: 44g, Saturated Fat: 26g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 55mg, Sodium: 1510mg, Potassium: 1524mg, Fiber: 7g, Vitamin A: 7851IU, Vitamin C: 24mg, Calcium: 87mg, Iron: 6mg, Net Carbs: 35g
How much Chicken pot pie soup potbelly calories
Chicken pot pie soup potbelly have 645 calories
How much Potbelly chicken pot pie soup carbs
Potbelly chicken pot pie soup have 35g carbs.
How to make Potbelly chicken pot pie soup
Potbelly chicken pot pie soup
- 1 chunks chicken breast, cut into small chunks
- 1 diced onion,
- 1 diced carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 diced celery stalk,
- 3 minced cloves garlic,
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust, unbaked
- 8 ounces frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup pearl onions, finely chopped
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, sauté the chicken, onion, carrot and celery in butter or margarine until the vegetables are tender.1 chunks chicken breast, cut into small chunks, 1 diced onion,, 1 diced carrot, peeled and diced, 1 diced celery stalk,, 3 minced cloves garlic,, 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted, 1/4 cup pearl onions, finely chopped
- Add the flour and thyme;season with salt and black pepper. Stir well and cook for 2 minutes longer.2 tablespoons all-purpose flour , Salt and black pepper to taste , 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.2 cups chicken broth
- Pour soup into the pie crust. Sprinkle with frozen mixed vegetables.8 ounces frozen mixed vegetables, thawed, 1 (9 inch) pie crust, unbaked
- Bake for 30 minutes or until crust is browned and potatoes are cooked.
- Serve hot