This Easy corn chowder recipe crockpot is perfect for a quick and hearty weeknight meal. The best part is that it can be made in the crockpot, so you don’t have to worry about tending to it all day. The chowder is made with fresh corn, potatoes, bacon, and cream, and it’s sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.
Why You’ll Love This Easy corn chowder recipe crockpot:
This corn chowder recipe with a crockpot is the perfect comfort food for a cold winter day. The slow cooker does all the work, and you end up with a creamy, hearty soup that’s perfect for warming up your belly.
Corn: Canned fire-roasted corn will is the main ingredient for this recipe’s uniqueness. Domestic supermarkets will carry this product.
Paprika: If you prefer a more authentic flavor, you can use smoked paprika.
vegetables: Peeled russet potatoes and, to a lesser extent, onions, shallots, and cayenne peppers were all prepared. If you can’t locate cayenne peppers, you can make soup with the cayenne peppers, red bell peppers, and poblano peppers.
Salt: The soup’s recipe doesn’t call for salt, but it is recommended to add a pinch of salt when making the soup.
cumin: The recipe calls for cumin, but you can use coriander if you don’t have fresh cumin.
chicken broth: This is a very important ingredient. You can buy chicken broth in the supermarket, but if you have access to homemade chicken broth, definitely use it.
Variations of corn chowder recipe:
- You can add other vegetables to the soup, such as carrots, celery, or zucchini. You can also make the soup with chicken broth and white wine, instead of chicken broth. If you want to make a vegetarian version, use vegetable stock instead of chicken stock.
- To make the soup even more flavorful, you can add some chopped onion and garlic.
- If you want to make this soup vegan, then use vegetable stock instead of chicken stock. You can also replace the cream with soy milk or coconut milk for a vegan version.
- If you want to make the soup thicker, then add some corn starch. You can also use flour instead.
- If you want to speed up the preparation process, then use store-bought chicken broth in the microwave instead of homemade chicken broth.
Here is the list of variations you can use:
- corn chowder recipe with bacon.
- corn chowder recipe instant pot
- corn chowder recipe with canned corn
- corn chowder recipe Hawaii
Chef’s Tips of easy corn chowder recipe crock-pot:
- To make the soup thinner, add more chicken broth.
- To keep the soup warm, add some chicken broth to the pot.
- To make the soup faster, place some chicken broth in a pot and add corn starch to it while heating.
Step-by-Step Directions of corn chowder recipe crock pot
1. Combine the corn, onion, garlic, thyme, basil, and pepper in a large crockpot.
2. Add the chicken broth and cream of mushroom soup. Stir well to combine.
3. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or until the vegetables are tender.
4. Stir in the milk and flour until smooth. Stir in the cheddar cheese until melted. Serve hot.
Other Recipes You’ll Love:
When you purchase through links on this site we may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. This helps us provide free recipes for you to enjoy.
How to make easy corn chowder recipe crock pot
corn chowder recipe crock pot
- 1 can corn
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery rib
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Combine the corn, onion, carrot, and celery in a large pot or crockpot.
- Add the flour and stir until well combined.
- Slowly add the chicken broth until the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes and smoked paprika. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped cilantro if desired.
Can I use milk or half and half instead of heavy cream?
The cream used in this recipe is heavy cream which is thicker and heavier than milk. If you are looking for a more traditional chicken soup then you can use half and half or even whole milk instead of the heavy cream.
What can I use instead of bacon for flavor?
The bacon can be omitted if you prefer to keep it vegetarian-friendly. You can substitute the bacon with more onion or even some garlic and a few sprigs of fresh rosemary.
Can I reduce the amount of cream used in this recipe?
Yes, you can reduce the amount of cream used in this recipe. In some cases, you may only need a cup of cream or maybe even a half cup. Use your best judgment and adjust to suit your taste if you choose to make any changes.
Can I make chicken corn chowder?
Yes, you can make chicken corn chowder. This recipe is similar to the Chicken Corn Chowder that I have with this recipe.
Can I freeze the leftovers?
Yes, this recipe can be frozen and reheated. You can either place the chowder in a container and freeze it or you can use an ice cream scoop to portion the soup into containers for freezing. Either way works well.
Can I use fresh corn?
Yes, you can use fresh corn. The only difference is that the soup may be browner in color and the flavor of the soup might not be as good.