Broccoli cheese soup is classic comfort food that can be enjoyed any time of year. This soup is easy to make and can be customized to your preference. If you are looking for a quick and easy meal, broccoli cheese soup is the perfect option.
Why you’ll Love This Healthy broccoli cheese soup:
- This broccoli cheese soup is healthy and delicious.
- The broccoli is packed with nutrients, and the cheese gives it a creamy, cheesy flavour.
- You can easily add your favourite meat to this hearty soup, or opt for a vegetarian option. This soup is perfect for busy weeknights. Easy to Make Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe This broccoli cheese soup is so easy to make and tastes delicious. It’s perfect for busy weeknights when you just don t feel like cooking.
- You can easily make this broccoli cheese soup in a slow cooker, and serve it with crusty bread for even more comfort. Prepping the Broccoli
- Place broccoli florets in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Cut broccoli into small pieces: They cook faster, which enhances the overall appeal of the soup. No grape plucking into large pieces of broccoli.
Finely chop the onions into small pieces They will definitely not cook the ingredients fast enough. No one wants to eat crunchy onions in this soup.
Use an immersion blender to blend the soup ingredients into a smooth consistency. Pour broth into the bowl with florets and stir well until all ingredients are combined. You can substitute chicken broth for vegetable broth in this recipe.
Spices: There are a few optional spices like smoked paprika The spiciness of the soup is not so much because of the smoked paprika, but because of the garlic which gives this soup a milder, yet delicious flavour.
This recipe is great for using up leftover veggies in your fridge.
You can use any combination of vegetables that you have on hand. It is very important to soak the beans overnight if you are going to cook a vegetarian dish. Beans There are two types of beans used in this recipe for the soup; red lentils and chickpeas.
Variations of broccoli cheese soup :
- broccoli cheese soup Panera
- broccoli cheese soup with Velveeta
- broccoli cheese soup with noodles
- broccoli cheese soup with chicken
- broccoli cheese soup with potatoes
- broccoli cheese soup with ham
Other Recipes you’ll Love:
How to Store and Reheat broccoli cheese soup
- Leftover broth can be stored in the freezer for 3 days in an airtight container.
- When you are ready to reheat, place the frozen broth into a saucepan and heat slowly on the stovetop or in the microwave until it is warmed through. Or thaw in the fridge overnight then heat.
- Please be aware that cheese will separate a little bit when reheated, although it’ll still be very tasty.
- If you’re making this soup for a party or family gathering, I recommend heating the soup in small batches in a saucepan on the stovetop before serving. You can also reheat it in the microwave until heated through.
How to thicken broccoli cheese soup?
To thicken broccoli cheese soup, add a roux made with flour and butter. Stir the roux into the soup until it is thickened to your desired consistency. You can also add some cornstarch if needed.
How long is broccoli cheese soup good for in the fridge
Broccoli cheese soup is typically good for 3-4 days in the fridge.
How many calories are in broccoli cheese soup?
There are approximately 190 calories in a serving of broccoli cheese soup.
How to fix curdled broccoli cheese soup?
If your broccoli cheese soup has curdled, it’s likely because the milk and cheese have separated. To fix it, start by heating the soup until it’s hot again. Then, whisk a few tablespoons of cold milk into the soup until it’s smooth. If the soup is still too thick, add more milk until it reaches the desired consistency.
Can diabetics eat broccoli cheese soup?
Yes, diabetics can eat broccoli cheese soup. Broccoli is a low-glycemic vegetable, so it doesn’t cause a spike in blood sugar. And the cheese in the soup provides protein and calcium. Just be sure to use low-fat cheese and watch your portion size, as a soup can be high in calories.
Can you use almond milk in broccoli cheese soup?
Yes, you can use almond milk in broccoli cheese soup. Almond milk is a great dairy-free alternative to cow’s milk. It has a creamy texture and a slightly nutty flavor that pairs well with cheese and broccoli.
Can dogs eat broccoli cheese soup?
Yes, dogs can eat broccoli cheese soup. Broccoli is a good source of fiber and vitamins C and K, while cheese is a good source of protein and calcium. However, it’s important to make sure that the soup is diluted with water or broth to make it easier for the dog to digest, and that no salt or spices are added.
Recipe: Healthy broccoli cheese soup
Healthy broccoli cheese soup
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 can diced tomatoes, untrained
- 1 medium -size onion
- 1 cup cream
- 2 cup of low-fat milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Hot sauce, to taste
- Minced fresh parsley, for garnish
- Meltthe butter in a saucepan over medium flame and add the onions to the pan,cooking until nearly soft.
- When the onion is soft add garlic and all-purpose flour and cook 1 mint more. But make sure to stir constantly.
- Cut the broccoli into small florets and spread them in the baking dish also add milk stir in the broccoli.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, simmer the tomatoes with their juice until thickened.
- Pour the tomato mixture over the broccoli and cheese in the baking dish. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and hot sauce to taste
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.
- Remove the saucepan and add the heavy cream.
- Garnish with minced parsley before serving.