When the weather outside is frightful, make Crockpot Potato Soup to warm up your family and friends. This soup is hearty and filling, but won’t weigh you down. Choose from one of these recipes for the perfect comfort food on a cold winter’s day.
This crockpot potato soup is a family favourite. It is packed with flavour and is so easy to make. This recipe is perfect for a winter day when you want something warm and hearty. The best part about this soup is that it can be made in the Crock-Pot, so it’s practically effortless. Simply throw all of the ingredients into the pot and let it cook while you go about your day. When you’re ready to eat, you’ll have a delicious, comforting soup that will warm you from the inside out.
Why You’ll Love crockpot potato soup recipe:
- The perfect comfort food on a cold day.
- Pretty easy to make.
- A crowd-pleasing recipe everyone loves.
- A healthy meal the entire family will love.
- Gluten-free and dairy-free friendly.
- A tasty twist on the classic recipe.
How to Make crockpot potato soup recipe
When it comes to making soup, using a crockpot is one of the easiest ways to get the job done.
1. Start by peeling and chopping your potatoes. You can also leave the skins on if you prefer.
2. Add your potatoes to the crockpot along with some chopped onions, celery, and garlic.
3. Pour enough chicken or vegetable broth to cover the ingredients in the pot.
4. Season with salt and pepper, then set the crockpot on low and let it cook for 6-8 hours.
5. Add your heavy cream and shredded cheese right before you plan on serving the soup.
6. Stir until the cheese is melted, then serve immediately.
Chef’s Tips for a crockpot potato soup:
When it comes to making potato soup, there are a few things that you can do to make sure that your soup turns out great every time. Here are a few chef’s tips for making the perfect crockpot potato soup:
1. Start by browning your potatoes in a bit of oil before adding them to the crockpot. This will help to give them a nice, golden color and prevent them from sticking to the pot.
2. Cut your potatoes into uniform pieces so that they cook evenly. No one wants to bite into a chunky piece of potato in their soup!
3. Be sure to add enough liquid to the pot, as potatoes can absorb a lot of water while they cook.
4. if you are using chicken, Use a good quality chicken broth for your soup. The flavor is much better than the boxed or powdered broths.
5. For a creamier soup, you can use a potato masher to give it a little texture before serving.
6. For a little extra flavour, add a bay leaf or some fresh rosemary to the soup before serving.
Key Ingredients for crockpot potato soup recipe
Potatoes: Use any white potato you prefer. I like to use Yukon gold potatoes for the highest-quality, creamy text.
Onion: Add any onion you prefer to the soup. I like to use a sweet Vidalia onion for the best flavor.
Broth: Use a good quality chicken broth for the best flavor. No good crockpot potato recipes are made without a good chicken broth.
Vegetables: Add whatever vegetables you prefer to your soup. I personally like to add some celery, carrots, and green beans to the soup.
Black pepper: Add a little black pepper to the soup for a bit of spice.
Salt: You can use table salt or sea salt, but I prefer sea salt because it has a better flavor and is not contaminated with additives that are found in many commercial table salts.
Cumin: I add a little cumin to my soup for added flavor.
Paprika: I add a little paprika to my soup for added flavour.
Crockpot: I love my crockpot, it makes cooking so easy. I can throw everything into the pot and then go about my day while the food cooks itself. It saves me money because I don’t have to eat out or use the microwave to cook my food.
Knief: A knife is a must for cutting vegetables. The knife I use is very sharp and made of high-quality stainless steel. It’s also easy to clean, a must when you’re working with raw meat.
STORAGE INSTRUCTIONS :
This slow cooker potato soup recipe tastes even better the next day, so you can make it ahead and reheat it. It will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days or you can freeze it for up to 3 months.
How long will it take to make crockpot potato soup?
If you already have the ingredients at home, it will take about 30 minutes to make this potato soup recipe.
Can I make this potato soup without cream?
You can make a vegan version of this soup by using coconut milk instead of heavy cream.
What potatoes are best for potato soup?
Russet and Yukon Gold potatoes work the best for this recipe.
Can I freeze the leftovers?
Yes, you can freeze the leftovers for up to 3 months.
Other Soup Recipes You’ll like
How to make Easy crockpot potato soup recipes
Easy crockpot potato soup recipes
- 4 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots , peeled and diced
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1. Add the potatoes, onion, and carrots to the crockpot.
- 2.Pour in the broth.
- 3. Add the milk, salt, black pepper, cumin, paprika, and chili powder.
- 4. Stir to combine.
- 5. Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or on High for 3 to 4 hours.
- 6. Stir in the cilantro leaves just before serving.