Chimichurri is a popular Argentinean sauce that is made from a mix of vinegar, olive oil, garlic, parsley, and salt. It is often used as a marinade or condiment for steak. This sauce is versatile and can be used on anything from chicken to beef.
It is good on grilled meats, but can also be used as a salad dressing. This recipe is for those who love the taste of chimichurri, but want to add their own touch. This sauce can be made in a food processor, blender, or by hand.
What is chimichurri flank steak?
Chimichurri flank steak is a dish made from flank steak that has been marinated in chimichurri sauce. Chimichurri is a sauce made from herbs, oil, and vinegar, and it is typically used to season meat or poultry.
What does chimichurri mean?
Chimichurri is a sauce made from parsley, garlic, olive oil, and vinegar. It is typically used as a condiment for steak or chicken.
Why you’ll Love This Chimichurri Flank Steak:
- Chimichurri sauce is absolutely loaded with flavor and comes together instantaneously when blended or processed.
- Flank steak made this recipe budget-friendly and quick to prepare. The chimichurri sauce is a tangy, garlicky sauce that adds tons of flavour and vinegar to the steak. This chimichurri flank steak recipe is simple, delicious and packed with flavour.
- The chimichurri sauce is my favourite, hands down. I love the flavour of the herbs and spices combined with the acidity of the vinegar. It’s perfect for topping grilled meats or vegetables.
- As a matter of fact, I will sometimes use it as my marinade for chicken. It’s so simple to make and even easier to prepare. Just chop the ingredients together, mix with olive oil and vinegar and let sit overnight in the fridge. The next day, you’re set and can enjoy a delicious meal. I hope you give this steak and chimichurri sauce recipe a try! It’s one of my favourite recipes and I think you will love it too.
Chef’s Tips Chimichurri Flank Steak
- Make sure to trim the meat across the grain. This allows the meat to sear in its own juices and it keeps the steak more moist. It also helps to keep the meat more tender as well. Another way to keep the meat moist is to marinate it overnight. You can also make chimichurri sauce and let it sit in the fridge for a couple of days before serving. The longer you let it sit, the more flavourful your steak will be.
- You can exchange other portions of meat for the flank steak here. I used these for my Steak Fajita recipe, but you can use them on steak tacos too. I also like to make chimichurri and freeze it in small containers. It makes a great addition to other dishes as well.
- Transfer the sauce to a small bowl and add 1 teaspoon of salt. Add some lime juice to adjust the taste. You can also use lemon juice instead, but I prefer using lime because it adds a nice sour note.
Variations of Chimichurri Flank Steak
- Chimichurri is a traditional Argentinian sauce that I really like. It is similar to pesto in many ways, but it has a bit of garlic added in. I usually make this with fresh or dried herbs, but you can use any of your favourite combinations too.
- It is a great sauce to use on all kinds of meats. I have used this for beef, but it would work equally well with chicken or pork. One fun variation that I like is to add chopped fresh cilantro and a tablespoon of smoked paprika.
- This is a great sauce to use on all sorts of meat or vegetables. It goes well with grilled chicken, pork and steak. I have made this for Christmas, as well as on Halloween. I also like it with tofu and vegetables, such as a tossed salad.
- I prefer to use fresh herbs, but you can also use dried. I like to add a little salt, pepper and garlic powder as well. This is a great sauce for any grilled meat or vegetables.
Can you marinate flank steak in chimichurri
Yes, you can marinate flank steak in chimichurri. Chimichurri is a sauce made from herbs, oil, and vinegar. It is a great sauce to use on grilled meats.
what to serve with flank steak chimichurri
There are many great sides that can be served with flank steak chimichurri. Some of our favourites include roasted potatoes, mashed potatoes, rice, or quinoa. If you are looking for something to go with your meat, try out a chimichurri sauce.
Does flank steak need to be marinated?
Flank steak is a flavourful, lean cut of meat that doesn’t require marinating. However, if you have time, a quick marinade will add even more flavour. Try a mixture of olive oil, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger for a delicious Asian-inspired marinade.
What is the difference between Chimichurri and salsa?
Salsa is a tomato-based sauce that is typically spicy. Chimichurri is an Argentinian sauce made with parsley, olive oil, and vinegar.
What is a flank steak?
A flank steak is a cut of beef that comes from the abdominal muscles of the cow. It’s a relatively thin cut, and is best grilled or broiled.
What is the difference between Chimichurri and Chimichurri sauce?
Chimichurri is a sauce made from parsley, garlic, olive oil, and vinegar. Chimichurri sauce is a more concentrated version of the sauce that is made with more herbs and spices.
How long will a Chimichurri last?
A Chimichurri will last about a week in the fridge. If you make it ahead, it will last about a month in the fridge.
What are some good substitutes for Chimichurri sauce?
There are many different substitutes for Chimichurri sauce. Some people like to use pesto, salsa, or even just olive oil and vinegar. If you are looking for something different, you might want to try one of these.
What is a good serving size for a Chimichurri?
A Chimichurri sauce can be used as a condiment or a dip. It is a good way to jazz up your food for parties and get-togethers. A good serving size for a Chimichurri is about 1/4 cup of Chimichurri per person.
Other Recipes You’ll Love:
How to make Chimichurri Flank Steak
Chimichurri Flank Steak
- 1 flank steak
- 1/2 cup Chimichurri sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together chimichurri sauce and olive oil.
- Season flank steak with salt and black pepper, then spread chimichurri mixture all over the steak. Place steak in a baking dish or on a plate and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- On a baking sheet, toss red onion, red bell pepper, and jalapeño pepper with olive oil.
- Spread mixture on top of the steak and bake for 25 minutes, or until steak is cooked through.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing into thin strips.
- Serve immediately.