Apple juice and apple cider are two very popular drinks made from apples. Both apple juice and apple cider are made by crushing apples and then extracting the juice. The main difference between apple juice and apple cider is that apple cider is fermented, while apple juice is not. This fermentation process gives apple cider a slightly alcoholic taste, while apple juice does not have this taste. Apple cider is also usually darker in colour than apple juice.
What is apple juice?
Apple juice is a beverage made by squeezing or crushing apples, then straining the juice from the pulp. The juice is then pasteurized to kill bacteria, and sometimes sweeteners and/or preservatives are added.
What is apple cider?
Apple cider is a type of fruit juice made from apples. It is usually made by crushing apples and then squeezing out the juice. The resulting liquid is then usually left to ferment, which gives it its characteristic tart taste. Apple cider can be either still or sparkling and is often used as a base for other drinks such as mulled wine or applejack.
what is the difference between apple juice and apple cider
The difference between apple cider and apple juice is that cider is unfiltered and unpasteurized, while the juice is filtered and pasteurized.
Cider is made by crushing apples and then squeezing out the juice. The juice is left to ferment for a period of time, during which bacteria convert the sugars into alcohol. Once fermentation is complete, the cider is bottled or kegged.
Juice, on the other hand, is made by first filtering out the solids from crushed apples. The filtered liquid is then pasteurized, which kills any bacteria present. The pasteurized juice is then bottled or kegged. The juice is clear, while the cider is cloudy.
Health Benefits of apple juice and apple cider
Apple juice and apple cider are two popular types of apple-based beverages. They are both made from apples, but they differ in terms of production and taste.
List of Benefits apple juice
There are many benefits to drinking apple juice. Here are just a few of the benefits that you may experience:
1. Digestive health: Apple juice can help to keep your digestive system healthy and functioning properly. This is due to the fact that it contains pectin, a soluble fiber that helps to promote regularity and prevent constipation.
2. Heart health: The antioxidants present in apple juice can help to protect your heart by reducing “bad” LDL cholesterol levels and keeping blood vessels healthy.
3. Immune system support: Drinking apple juice regularly can help to boost your immune system, thanks to the vitamin C content. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that helps to fight off infection and disease.
4. Bone health: Apple juice is a good source of calcium, which is essential for strong bones and teeth. In fact, calcium is needed for the formation of strong bones and teeth in children.
5. Healthy hair and nails The high vitamin C content in apple juice helps to keep your hair, nails, and skin healthy by preventing the breakdown of collagen that leads to wrinkles and sagging skin.
List of Benefits apple cider
Apple cider is a type of apple juice that is made from freshly pressed apples. It has a higher concentration of vitamins and minerals than regular apple juice, and also contains fiber.
Apple cider has many health benefits, including:
1. Boosting the immune system: The high concentration of vitamins and minerals in apple cider helps to boost the immune system.
2. Aiding digestion: Apple cider aids digestion by helping the body break down food more efficiently. The fiber content also helps to keep the digestive system healthy.
3. Reducing the risk of cancer: Studies have shown that the antioxidants present in apple cider can help to reduce the risk of some types of cancer, such as colon cancer.
4. Lowering cholesterol: Apple cider can help to lower cholesterol levels, thanks to its pectin content.
5. Promoting weight loss Apple cider contains a high concentration of pectin, which is a type of fiber that helps to promote weight loss by reducing the amount of fat absorbed by the body.
How are they made?
Apple cider is made through a process of pressing apples. The juice that comes out is then heated and undergoes fermentation to create apple cider. While the fermentation process occurs, the alcohol content from the apples rises.
How to make apple cider?
How to make apple cider?
- 1 gallon of apple cider
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon of allspice berries
- 1 orange, cut into wedges
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1. In a large pot, combine the apple cider, cinnamon stick, and allspice berries. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes
- 2. Add orange and lemon wedges and serve warm.
How to make apple juice?
Apple juice is made by juicing apples, while the apple cider is made by crushing apples and then squeezing out the juice. The main difference between the two is that apple cider is usually unfiltered and has a cloudy appearance, while apple juice is filtered and clear.
To make your own apple juice at home, start by washing and slicing your apples.
If you have a juicer, simply run the apples through it and collect the juice in a clean container.
If you don’t have a juicer, you can use a blender or food processor to puree the apples, then strain the pulp through a cheesecloth or coffee filter to get rid of any solids.
Enjoy your homemade apple juice fresh or store it in the fridge for later!