This chicken in coconut milk recipe is one that you will want to make again and again. It is so easy to make, and the results are amazing. The chicken is cooked in a rich, creamy coconut milk sauce, and the result is a dish that is both flavourful and healthy. This recipe is perfect for a weeknight meal, or for entertaining guests. Serve it over rice or quinoa, and you will have a complete meal that everyone will love.
Why You’ll Love chicken coconut milk recipe
- This dish is healthy and flavourful.
- Chicken is cooked in coconut milk, which adds a creamy richness to the dish.
- Easy to follow and can be made in under 30 mint.
- A great meal to make for family or friends.
- Great for a weeknight dinner, or entertaining guests.
How to make coconut milk with chicken recipe
This chicken in coconut milk recipe is a flavorful and easy way to make a delicious meal. The chicken is cooked in a rich coconut milk sauce, which gives it a beautiful flavor and plenty of moisture. The dish is served over rice, making it a complete and satisfying meal.
To make this recipe, you will need:
In a large skillet or wok, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until both are softened.
Add the chicken and season with salt, pepper and curry powder.
Stir until the chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
Stir in the ginger and cilantro. Add the coconut milk, reduce heat to low and simmer for a few minutes to combine flavors.
Serve with rice.
Chef’s Tips for chicken in coconut milk:
1. Use good quality, full-fat coconut milk to get the best flavor and texture.
2. A little curry powder goes a long way with this dish, so add it carefully.
3. Adding the cilantro at the end of cooking helps preserve its colour and freshness.
4. For a vegetarian version, substitute vegetable broth for chicken broth and add 2 or 3 tablespoons of soy sauce in place of fish sauce.
5. To make this dish spicier, add more curry powder or hot chile pepper to taste.
Coconut milk: Coconut milk chicken is a popular dish in many Southeast Asian countries. The chicken is cooked in a mixture of coconut milk and water, and often includes other ingredients.
Cumin: Cumin is a spice that is often used in Indian and Middle Eastern cuisine. It has a warm, earthy flavor and can be used to season chicken, lamb, beef, and vegetables. When cumin is used in a recipe with coconut milk, it can help to create a rich, flavorful dish.
Paprika: You can absolutely use paprika in a chicken in coconut milk recipe! Just add it to the spice blend that you’re using to season the chicken. It’ll give the dish a nice, smoky flavor.
Chili powder: You can absolutely use chili powder in a chicken in coconut milk recipe! Just be sure to adjust the amount of chili powder you use based on how spicy you want the dish to be.
The recipe calls for storing the chicken in an airtight container in the fridge. The chicken will keep for up to 3 days.
Can I use coconut milk in a can?
Yes, you absolutely can. However, where I live, it’s easier to find coconut milk in a box (like the one pictured above) than it is to find it in cans.
Can I use light coconut milk?
Yes, you absolutely can. If you use light coconut milk, I’d recommend adding a little extra coconut oil and cornstarch to the recipe to make up for the fact that the light coconut milk is less dense than the regular version. Can I use canned chicken?
Yes, you absolutely can. However, I’d recommend using a chunkier style of canned chicken (rather than the finely chopped type) so that the chicken actually looks like chunks.
Other Coconut Recipes You’ll like
How to make chicken in coconut milk recipe
- 1 pound of chicken breast
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Cut the chicken breast into bite-sized pieces, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cumin, paprika, chili powder and salt until thoroughly combined.
- Add the chicken pieces to the spice mix and toss to coat.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, then add the chicken pieces. Cook until no longer pink inside, about 2 minutes per side.
- Add the garlic, onion and coconut milk to the pan and cook until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Serve over rice or couscous.
Just 10g Net Carbs
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 341Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 386mgSodium: 956mgCarbohydrates: 12gNet Carbohydrates: 10gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 143g