Hello Allfoodi, Welcome to the new recipe this is a delicious and easy-to-follow recipe for apple pie. Perfect for any occasion, this classic dessert is always a hit. Made with just a few simple ingredients, it’s also one of the most affordable pies to make. So whether you’re looking for an impressive dessert to impress your guests or simply want to satisfy your sweet tooth, this apple pie recipe will do the trick. We love this apple pie filling just as much as we love the apple pie crust recipe with oats.
What are the Best Apples for Apple Pie recipes:
There are many types of apples that can be used in an apple pie recipe, but some are better than others.
For a tart and juicy pie, Granny Smith apples are the best option. For a sweeter pie, try using Golden Delicious or Honey crisp apples. If you want a more unique flavor, Braeburn or Jonathan Apples will do the trick. Whichever type of apple you choose, make sure they are fresh and firm for the best results.
Why You’ll Love apple pie recipe
1. Easy-to-follow instructions
2. Can be made ahead of time
3. Freezes well
4. Perfect for a large crowd
5. A classic favorite
How to Make Easy apple pie recipe
This fresh apple pie recipe is so easy to make, and it tastes incredible! The key to making this apple pie recipe from scratch is to use fresh apples. I prefer to use Granny Smith apples because they are tart and have a firm texture. However, you can use any type of apple that you like. Just be sure to adjust the amount of sugar in the recipe depending on how sweet your apples are.
To make the crust, I simply mix some flour, salt, sugar, and butter. Then I add just enough ice water so that the dough comes together. I like to chill my dough for at least 30 minutes before rolling it out, but you can skip this step if you’re in a hurry.
Once the dough is rolled out, I place it in a 9-inch pie dish and then fill it with the apple filling. I like to top my pie with a lattice crust, but you can certainly use any kind of pie crust if you prefer. Just make sure to cut vents in the top so that it doesn’t bubble over while baking.
Chef’s Tips for healthy apple pie
For pie, apples are a classic fruit filling. But if you’re looking to make a healthier version of this dessert, there are a few things you can do. Here are some tips from Allfoodi chief on how to make a healthy apple pie recipe:
1. Use a mix of different types of apples. A variety will give your pie more flavor and depth.
2. Cut back on the sugar. You can always add more later if it’s not sweet enough for your taste.
3. Use less butter in the crust. This will help reduce the overall fat content of the pie.
4. Make sure the apples are well-coated with sugar and spices before adding them to the crust. This will help prevent them from drying out during baking.
5. Choose a light or fat-free ice cream to serve with the pie.
Cinnamon: Cinnamon is a great addition to any apple pie recipe. It not only adds flavor but also helps to balance out the sweetness of the apples. We also know cinnamon for its health benefits, including reducing inflammation and boosting cognitive function.
Pie crust: we can make Pie crust from a variety of different ingredients. While many people use lard or shortening, it is possible to make a healthy pie crust using butter, whole wheat flour, and water. The pie crust will have a richer flavor and texture if I make it with butter.
Cornstarch: Cornstarch is a thickening agent that helps to keep the filling from being too runny. It also has some nutritional benefits, including promoting stronger bones and improving digestion.
Nutmeg: Nutmeg is a spice that is used to flavor this traditional sweet. It also helps regulate blood pressure and can help with bloating, heartburn, and nausea. If you do not like the taste of nutmeg, it is possible to substitute cinnamon or cloves instead.
Cup milk: Milk is a crucial ingredient in this pie. It allows the filling to be moist and adds an extra bit of flavor to the filling.
There are many tools that can make an apple pie from scratch. A few of the most essential tools include a baking dish, a pastry cutter, a paring knife, and a peeler.
- The baking dish is where the pie will ultimately be assembled and baked. It is important to choose a baking dish that is the right size for the recipe. If the dish is too small, the pie will be too thick and may not bake evenly. If the dish is too large, the filling will be too thin and runny.
- The pastry cutter is used to cut the cold butter into the flour mixture. This tool ensures that it is evenly distributed the butter throughout the dough and prevents the formation of clumps.
- The paring knife is used to cut the apples into thin slices.
- A peeler is a useful tool for peeling apples. Using a paring knife and the peeler are optional, but they help make the process easier.
For apple pie, there are a few things you need to keep in mind for storage. Foremost, this pie needs to be stored in a cool, dry place. This means that your kitchen counter is not the ideal spot for this dessert. Instead, opt for the fridge or even the freezer.
If you choose to refrigerate your pie, make sure that we wrapped it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. This will prevent the pie from drying out and becoming less flavorful over time.
As for freezing apple pie, there are a few things you need to do in order to ensure that it tastes just as good as the day you made it. First, wrap the pie tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Then, place it in a freezer bag before putting it in the freezer.
How do I store apple pie?
To store apple pie, place it in a covered container or wrap it tightly in plastic wrap. Apple pie will keep at room temperature for 2-3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Why is Mcdonald’s apple pie so good?
There are a few reasons McDonald’s apple pie is so good. First, the apples are fresh and juicy. Second, the crust is flaky and golden brown. Third, the pie is served warm, so the filling is gooey and delicious.
What are the best apples to use for apple pie?
There are many types of apples that can be used for pie, so it really depends on your preference. Some people like to use Granny Smith apples because they are tart and have a firm texture. Other popular choices include Honey crisp, Golden Delicious, and Braeburn apples.
How long to bake an apple pie
Apple pie should be baked for about 45 minutes to an hour at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
How to make the apple pie filling?
We made the best apple pie filling with fresh, in-season apples. To make the filling, start by peeling and slicing the apples. Then, add the sugar, spices, and lemon juice to taste. Finally, thicken the mixture with cornstarch or flour.
Other apple Recipes You’ll like
How to make fresh apple pie recipe from scratch
Apple pie recipe
- 1 9-inch pie crust
- 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 large tart apples, peeled, cored, and sliced thin
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon corn-starch
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2. In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Add the apples and stir until well-coated. Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- 3. In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter, corn starch, and milk until smooth. Pour over apple filling.
- 4. Bake for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted into the canter comes out clean.
- 5. Cool on a wire rack before serving.