In this article, we will be discussing a delicious apple crisp recipe with oats that is perfect for Fall Weather. This recipe is made with fresh apples, oats, cinnamon, and a few other simple ingredients. The result is a warm, comforting dessert that is perfect for sharing.
When the leaves start to change colour and the air gets a little bit cooler, it’s time to start thinking about fall desserts. And what could be more perfect for this season than an apple crisp? This recipe is made with fresh apples, oats, and a variety of spices. The result is a crisp and flavourful treat. So whether you’re looking for a dessert to take to a potluck or you want to make something special for your family, this apple crisp recipe is sure to please.
What is apple crisp?
Apple crisp is a type of dessert that typically consists of apples that have been peeled and sliced, mixed with sugar and spices, and then topped with a crumbly mixture of flour, butter, and sugar. It is typically baked in the oven until the apples are tender and the topping is golden brown.
Why You’ll Love apple crisp recipe with oats
- An easy-to-make dessert that is perfect for any occasion.
- The combination of sweet apples and crunchy topping is irresistible,
- Simple to prepare that even the most novice cook can make it with ease.
- It’s perfect for a fall or winter night.
- Perfect Classic desserts
How to Make apple crisp recipe with oats
Apple crisp is a classic fall dessert. This recipe uses oats for a little extra texture and flavor.
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
3. Pour mixture into an 8×8 baking dish.
4. In a separate bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, butter, and flour. Mix until crumbly.
5. Sprinkle topping over apples.
6. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until apples are tender.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Chef’s Tips for the best apple crisp recipe
There are few things more comforting than a warm, bubbly apple crisp on a cool autumn evening. Here are a few tips from our chef to ensure you turn out the best possible apple crisp:
1) Be sure to use apples that are fresh and in season for the best flavour. Granny Smith apples are a good option, as they are tart and hold their shape well when cooked.
2) When prepping the apples, be sure to cut them into uniform pieces so they cook evenly.
3) We like to add oats to our apple crisp for extra texture and flavour, but if you’re looking for a gluten-free option, you can simply omit them.
4) The key to a crisp topping is ensuring that the butter is completely melted and evenly distributed before adding the sugar and flour mixture.
5) The topping should be crunchy and not soggy, so it’s important to leave time for the crisp to cool slightly before serving.
6) Serve with a scoop of ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.
Rolled oats: I love to use oats in the apple crisp recipe. Oats are a great source of fiber and nutrients, and they add a delicious crunch to the dish.
Baking powder: Baking powder is a leavening agent that will help the oats to rise and become fluffy.
Baking soda: (Optional) if you want to use it or not it’s up to you but I am using Baking soda is another leavening agent that will help the oats to rise and become fluffy.
Cinnamon: Cinnamon is a very popular spice in sweet and savoury dishes. It adds a distinct flavour to the apple crisp.
Sugar Sugar is a sweetener that provides much of the sweet flavour to the apple crisp. It also helps to brown and caramelize the apples while they are cooking.
Flour: Flour will help to thicken up the filling, so it’s not runny.
TOOLS for making perfect apple crisp
Baking dish: You will need a baking dish for this recipe. I like the square baking dish especially for this recipe because I can fit more apple slices in it. If you are using a pie plate, make sure to cut up your apples so they will fit inside the pie plate.
Measuring cups and spoons: You will need a set of measuring cups, as well as a set of measuring spoons. I prefer to use a set that has 1/4 cup for the liquid measuring cup, and a tablespoon for the teaspoon.
Grater or food processor: You will need one of these to grate your apple slices. The food processor works great for this recipe because it will shred the apples into a large pile that is easier to use.
Mixing bowl: You will need a mixing bowl for this recipe.
STORAGE INSTRUCTIONS :
Store in an airtight container for up to 7 days after making. If you need to store it, place it in the refrigerator and make sure to cover it with plastic wrap. If you have leftovers after the cake has been stored in the refrigerator, it will not have the same texture and will become harder to eat.
What is the nutritional information for apple crisp?
A typical recipe for apple crisp contains around:
-10 grams of fat
-30 grams of carbohydrates
-4 grams of protein
However, nutritional information will vary depending on the recipe.
Other Apple Recipes You’ll Like
Carrot cake recipe with pineapple
How to make Apple crisp recipe with oats
Apple crisp recipe with oats
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups peeled and grated Granny Smith apples
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Butter an 8×8 inch pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir in apples.
- In a small bowl or in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add sugars and cinnamon; beat until blended. With the mixer on low speed, add vanilla extract.
- Pour the mixture into the pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.