When the weather starts to cool down and fall begins to creep in, one of the best ways to warm up is with a big bowl of roasted potatoes and green beans. This easy dish is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal. All you need is some olive oil, salt, pepper, and your favorite potatoes or green beans.
The fall season is a great time to enjoy roasted potatoes and green beans. Roasting the potatoes and beans together brings out their natural sweetness and flavor, while adding a bit of crispy skin.
Why you’ll Love This Roasted Potatoes and Green Beans:
- This roasted potatoes and green beans dish is simple to make and so delicious. The potatoes are roasted in the oven with olive oil and garlic, while the green beans are cooked on the stovetop with a touch of olive oil and salt.
- The result is a healthy and tasty side dish that everyone will love.
- Making roasted potatoes and green beans is a simple, yet delicious way to prepare your vegetables.
- This method of cooking allows the vegetables to retain their natural flavors while providing a crispy skin. The vegetables can be served as a side dish or as part of a complete meal.
- This dish is simple to make and full of flavor.
- Roasting the potatoes and green beans together gives them a delicious, slightly crispy texture.
- The herbs and garlic add a touch of flavor that takes this dish to the next level. You’ll love this roasted potatoes and green beans.
Chef’s Tips for Roasted Potatoes and Green Beans:
- Before roasting the potatoes and green Beans, wash them well to remove any dirt or dust.
- It is a good idea to peel the potatoes before roasting.
- Use a sharp knife and cut your potatoes into 1/2-inch or smaller pieces.
- Sprinkle some salt over the potatoes and green beans before roasting. You can use whatever herbs you have on hand.
- Try rosemary, sage, thyme, marjoram or any other combination of herbs you like.
- You can roast the potatoes and green beans on a baking sheet or use a roasting pan.
- If you use a baking sheet, use parchment paper instead of foil. Roasting time depends on the size of your potatoes and green beans.
- I like to roast my potatoes for about 20 minutes, but you can roast them longer if you wish.
- When the potatoes and greenbeans are cooked, place them in a bowl with the other ingredients and mix together. This makes it easier to mix everything together.
Variations of Roasted Potatoes and Green Beans:
- Add 1 cup of chopped eggs to the mix if you have them. You can use other vegetables such as carrots, corn, or butternut squash.
- Add about 1/4 tsp of cajun seasoning for a different flavor. If you like your potatoes and greenbeans to be crunchy, you can put them back in the oven after they are combined with the other ingredients.
- If you are making this in the summer and have access to fresh corn, add 1/2 cup of corn kernels to the mix as well.
- If you have leftover roasted potatoes, add them to your greenbean mixture. If you like your greenbeans crunchy, add them back to the oven after they are combined with all the other ingredients.
Other Recipes You’ll Love:
What are roasted potatoes and green beans?
Roasted potatoes and green beans are a simple, yet delicious side dish. The potatoes are roasted in the oven with olive oil and salt, while the green beans are boiled until tender and then tossed with olive oil and salt.
How many servings are in a bag of Roasted Potatoes and Green Beans?
There are usually about 4 servings in a bag of roasted potatoes and green beans.
What is the nutritional information for a bag of Roasted Potatoes and Green Beans?
A bag of roasted potatoes and green beans contains 190 calories, 9 grams of fat, 2 grams of saturated fat, 0 grams of trans fat, 0 milligrams of cholesterol, 380 milligrams of sodium, 23 grams of carbohydrates, 3 grams of fiber, 3 grams of sugar, and 4 grams of protein.
How do I store leftovers?
There are a few ways to store leftovers. One way is to put them in a container and put them in the fridge. Another way is to put them in the freezer.
How do I reheat leftover green beans and potatoes?
There are a few ways to reheat green beans and potatoes. One way is to place them in a microwave-safe dish, cover them with plastic wrap, and microwave them on high for 2-3 minutes. Another way is to place them in a saucepan over medium heat and cook them until they are heated through, stirring occasionally.
Can I use French green beans?
Yes, you can use French green beans. They have a slightly different flavor and texture than regular green beans, so they’re a great option if you’re looking for something a little different.
can you roast green beans and potatoes together?
Yes, you can roast green beans and potatoes together. They will cook at different rates, so be sure to keep an eye on them and stir them around occasionally. The potatoes will likely take longer to cook than the green beans, so you may want to remove them from the oven when they are done.
Should potatoes be soaked before roasting?
No, potatoes should not be soaked before roasting. Soaking potatoes can actually make them absorb more oil and lead to a soggier finished product. Instead, scrub potatoes clean and dry them well before roasting.
How to make Roasted Potatoes and Green Beans
Roasted Potatoes and Green Beans
- 6 large potatoes
- 1 lb. fresh green beans
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the potatoes into bite-sized pieces and toss with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, thin slice the green beans lengthwise and toss with a little olive oil before roasting in the same oven for 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Serve hot