This delicious turkey soup recipe is perfect for a cold winter day. The soup is hearty and flavorful, and it’s sure to warm you up from the inside out. Best of all, it’s easy to make and only requires a few simple ingredients. So why not give it a try?
why is turkey soup good for you?
Turkey soup is a great way to warm up on a cold day, and it’s also good for you! Turkey is a lean protein, and the broth in soup is packed with nutrients. Adding vegetables to your soup makes it even healthier.
Why You’ll Love This easy turkey soup recipe:
Turkey carcass: This soup is great for using up any leftover turkey carcass that you might have.
Celery ribs: These are great in soups and stews, and they add a lot of flavor to the broth. They’re also very easy to find.
Dried thyme: This herb adds a lot of flavor to the broth.
Cornstarch: This ingredient is used to thicken the broth.
- It’s easy to make.
- It’s hearty and flavorful.
- It’s a great way to use up leftover turkey carcass.
- You can use any type of vegetables you have on hand.
Variations of turkey soup recipe:
You can add any vegetables you want, or use a mixture of different vegetables.
Here is the list of turkey soup recipe variation
- turkey soup recipe with the carcass
- turkey soup recipe with rice
- turkey soup recipe crockpot
- turkey soup recipe without carcass
- turkey soup recipe with potatoes
- turkey soup recipe with egg noodles
- leftover turkey soup recipes
Chef’s Tips for a turkey soup recipe
1. Always use fresh turkey carcass to make turkey broth.
2. Use a large pot. Do not use a small saucepan as the carcass might burn at the bottom of the pan when it boils over.
3. Do not add any spices to the meat, broth, and vegetables while cooking.
4. Do not use dark turkey carcass as it might cause discoloring of the soup.
5. Use a large pot when cooking the turkey soup recipe with egg noodles.
6. Always use a large pot when cooking the turkey soup recipe with potatoes and carrots.
7. Add the potatoes before adding carrots to the broth because they take longer to cook in hot soup stock.
Other Recipes You’ll Love:
How to make turkey soup creamy?
To make turkey soup creamy, start by cooking the turkey in a large pot. Once the turkey is cooked, remove it from the pot and set it aside. In the same pot, cook some onions and garlic until they are softened. Then, add in the stock, milk, and cooked turkey. Bring the soup to a boil and then reduce the heat to simmer. Cook the soup for about 15 minutes or until it is heated through.
How do I add flavor to turkey soup?
To add flavor to turkey soup, season with salt and pepper. Add in some herbs such as parsley, thyme, or sage. Or you can add some spices such as paprika or chili powder to the soup.
How do I make turkey soup with less fat?
To make turkey soup with less fat, remove the skin from the turkey before cooking it. This will result in a much leaner soup.
What are the health benefits of turkey?
Turkey is high in B vitamins, which help to maintain normal nerve function and healthy skin.
What are the health benefits of bone broth?
Bone broth is high in minerals and collagen, which help to strengthen your skin, bones, and joints.
How do I make turkey soup without a recipe?
Dice the turkey into small pieces. Dice onions, celery, and carrots into small pieces. Add the carrots and celery to the pot with the turkey.
How should I store turkey?
To store turkey, place the pieces in a plastic bag and freeze for up to six months.
Is turkey soup as healthy as chicken soup?
There is no definitive answer to this question. Some people might say that turkey soup is healthier because it has less fat than chicken soup, while others might say that chicken soup is healthier because it contains more nutrients. Ultimately, it depends on the recipe of each soup and on the individual’s dietary needs and preferences.
Is homemade turkey soup healthy?
Yes, homemade turkey soup can be healthy and tasty. The type of soup you prepare will depend on the health goals that you want to achieve. For example, if you are trying to lose weight, then a low-fat version of the recipe is better for you. If you are looking for a healthy alternative to store-bought soup, then you might want to try making your own.
what veggies are good in turkey soup?
Some good vegetables to put in turkey soup are carrots, celery, and potatoes. These vegetables add flavor and nutrients to the soup.
Recipe: How to make turkey soup recipe
Turkey soup recipe with the carcass
- 1 turkey carcass
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 8 ounces white wine
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large soup pot, bring the chicken broth to a boil. Add the onion, celery, carrots, garlic, olive oil and thyme. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the turkey carcass and simmer for an additional 2 hours.
- Remove the turkey carcass and discard any excess liquid. Return the soup to a boil and add the white wine. Bring to a boil again and reduce the heat to low.
- Slowly add the cornstarch while stirring constantly until the soup thickens. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot