My dreamy instant pot chicken and rice recipe is perfect for those days when you’re craving something comforting, but don’t feel like putting in too much work. It’s quick and easy to make just dump the ingredients into your Instant Pot and let it do all of the work. I love that this dish is made with ingredients that are already in my kitchen, so no need to go running around town looking for anything fancy.
Dreamy chicken and rice is a dream come true. This dreamy dish is so dreamy that you can’t help but dream about it when you’re not eating it. Luckily, this dish is made in an instant pot and takes just minutes to make. If your family loves dreamy dishes then they will love this one too and if they don’t, then they should learn to love them because what’s life without a little dreaming?
When you dream, dream big. It will make dinner time a whole lot easier for you since it’s made with ingredients that are already in your kitchen. You can also use chicken thighs instead of chicken breast if you’d like too which means there is even more dreaminess to dream about.
Check outGluten free chicken and rice soup recipe
Tips for cooking instant pot chicken and rice.
- If you’re using chicken thighs, make sure to cook them for 20 minutes and then release the pressure.
- You can use green onion instead of yellow onion if that’s what you have on hand. It will be dreamy either way.
- Try cooking this dish longer (an extra 15-30 minutes) after it has been done cooking to let the rice absorb more of the juices.
- For dreamier chicken and rice, try using brown or white long-grain jasmine rice instead of regular instant pot yellow rice.
- Add some other spices like cumin for a dreamy flavor. This will make it taste even better than before (if that’s possible).
Why Chicken and Rice Is So Good.
- chicken and rice is so dreamy because it keeps you full for longer.
- chicken and rice is also fantastic if you want to reduce your calorie intake since it’s low in calories, but still dreamy enough to enjoy eating.
- chicken and rice are also super nutritious.
- chicken and rice contain a lot of nutrients that help our bodies stay healthy. It has vitamin B, calcium, selenium, phosphorus, niacin, and zinc all important for keeping us happy and healthy.
- The ultimate comfort food is here. Chicken fried rice with a tang of lemon and melty Parmesan. This dish will make your mouth water just thinking about it, that’s for sure.
- This easy and delicious chicken dish is the perfect meal for busy days. It doesn’t have any complicated steps, just a few in your Instant Pot.
How to cook rice and chicken in the instant pot separately.
As a general rule, rice and vegetables should go in the pot together at this point. Instant pot users can place them on the bottom. Meat of choice should be placed on top which will cook first, followed by rice on top. Shortcuts of course are to use frozen vegetables, microwave previously cooked rice (more than one-day old is perfect), or raw precut veggies like celery, broccoli, or spinach that don’t require cooking time.
Adding liquid like coconut amines (instead of soy sauce), water, or vegetable stock will help prevent browning/burning at the base due to extended time under pressure; plus, it perpetuates flavor. This formulation generally yields two servings worth of volume for me but you can make as many as three servings by using chicken breasts.
How to cook frozen chicken breasts and rice at the same time instant pot?
Always cook on high pressure for 58 minutes. Add rice to the bottom of the cooking pot. Place frozen chicken on top of the rice. If there’s not enough room in the pressure cooker, just use one layer at a time.
Notice that the chicken will render juices while thawing no need to add any additional liquid aside from what the chicken renders in this process. Cook it sous vide if you want more control over the final product’s doneness level and texture. Use dry rice instead of instant if you want to be sure about how it turns out or make sourdough or other types recommended by people who are used to cooking different styles of rice/grain 😉 Sautee onions, and garlic with olive oil, chicken, salt/pepper, and other spices before placing in Instant Pot.
In what setting do you cook chicken and rice in the instant pot?
To cook the chicken on the rice, use this setting order in your Instant Pot: press saute button
—> Select “Less” or “Normal” timing to 20 minutes
—> then press cancel. Put chicken and vegetables (such as chopped onion, carrots, celery, and garlic) in a pot with fresh water or low sodium broth of 3 cups at medium heat.
Add spices like kosher salt and black pepper to taste. When you finish cooking it for about 1015 minutes on Medium heat using manual mode (or use the “Keep Warm” function), add rice into the pot (press the brown rice button if necessary).
You can also cook Frozen Chicken & Rice recipes in an instant pot with these steps: Same process as above.
How to Make dreamy instant pot chicken and rice recipe.
This Instant Pot chicken and rice dish will have your whole family begging you for seconds. It’s rich, and creamy but SO quick to make with no need of hard work. The lemon juice in conjunction with the parmesan cheese really makes this one-pot meal perfect on those busy weeknights when everyone needs something easy yet flavorful after a long day at school/work or just too much hustle and bustle from going about our daily lives outside of themselves.