Do you love the taste of brains, but don’t want to be a zombie? Well, now you can have your cake and eat it too with these Zombie Brain Cupcakes. These gory treats are perfect for Halloween parties, or anytime you’re feeling murderous. Made with a deliciously moist red velvet cake and a creamy filling, these cupcakes are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth and your hunger for brains.
Why You’ll Love Zombie Brain Cupcakes:
1. They look really cool
2. They’re a fun way to get into the Halloween spirit
3. They’re a creative way to use up leftover candy
4. They make a great party treat
5. They’re a fun way to gross out your friends
Chief’s Tips for Zombie Brain Cupcakes
This Halloween, don’t be afraid to get creative in the kitchen and try your hand at making zombie brain cupcakes. Here are a few tips from the Allfoodi chief to help you create these spooky, yet delicious, treats:
1. Use a gel food colouring to achieve that realistic brain look.
2. If you want your cupcakes to be extra creepy, use a piping bag fitted with a small round tip to pipe on the frosting in an irregular pattern.
3. To give your brains an extra gory touch, add a few drops of red food colouring to the frosting.
4. If you want to make things even easier, you can purchase pre-made fondant brains from some craft stores.
5. Whatever decoration route you choose, have fun with it and enjoy your zombie brain cupcakes.
Can I freeze these?
Yes, but you will need to thaw them out in the refrigerator and bring them to room temperature before serving.
Do these taste like brains?
The taste is very similar to a cupcake and the texture is slightly different than a normal cupcake. I did not find them to be unpleasant at all. The taste is very similar to a cupcake and the texture is slightly different than a normal cupcake. I did not find them to be unpleasant at all.
How long will these stay good?
The cupcakes will stay good for three days, but the frosting might start to get a little soft. The cupcakes will stay good for three days, but the frosting might start to get a little soft.
How do I store these?
The cupcakes should be stored in an airtight container. The frosting should also be stored in an airtight container.
How to make Zombie Brain Cupcakes Recipe
Zombie Brain Cupcakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups prepared zombie brain slurry
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just blended.
- Stir in zombie brain slurry until well combined. Spoon batter evenly into the prepared muffin tin. Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the canter of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.