Valentine’s Day Dark Chocolate Cake Recipe
This is the perfect time to celebrate Valentine’s Day dark chocolate cake. Chocolate cake is a classic and one of the most popular cakes. It’s easy to make chocolate cake, and it’s also delicious. You’ll love how simple it is to make chocolate cake.
Why You’ll Love This Valentine’s Day Dark Chocolate Cake:
- It’s a quick and easy dessert to make.
- It’s a great way to celebrate Valentine’s Day.
- It’s a rich, decadent cake that you’ll love.
This recipe is one of the most popular chocolate cake recipes on our website. We are sure that you’ll love this easy dark chocolate cake just as much as we do.
Heart Shaped Cake Pans for Valentine’s Day
Variations of Valentine’s Day Dark Chocolate Cake:
- You can use this basic chocolate cake recipe to make other types of chocolate cakes.
- You can use other types of frosting to top the cake with.
- You can make this a two-layer cake instead of a three-layer cake.
- You can use other sizes of pans to make different size cakes.
- Make this into cupcakes instead of a cake.
- If you like coconut, you can add coconut flakes on top of the frosting.
- If you like raspberry, you can add raspberry jam between the layers and on top of the frosting.
- We hope that you enjoy this Valentine’s Day dark chocolate cake as much as we did!
Some other variation of cake you need to try
- Dark Chocolate Mocha Mousse Cake
- Dark Chocolate Marzipan Scone Loaf
- Dark Chocolate Caramel Tart
- Sacher Torte
- Mocha Dark Chocolate Pudding
Best cake bakers oven Recommend Product for this Recipe
Chef’s Tips Valentine’s Day Dark Chocolate Cake:
- You can use any kind of chocolate you like to make this cake. Dark, Semi-sweet, Milk, White, and even Bittersweet chocolate all work well.
- You can use any type of chocolate frosting you want to frost the cake. If you do not like the taste of dark chocolate, then you can try using milk or semi-sweet chocolate frosting instead. You can even use a whipped cream frosting if you want to.
- I used a 9-inch cake pan to bake this cake. It’s about 3 inches high and it yields a two-tiered three-layer cake. If you want to make a one-tier cake, use an 8-inch pan instead and make the batter into two layers.
- If you are using an 8-inch pan, you may need to reduce the baking time by 10 minutes or so.
- If you are using a different size of the pan, then adjust the baking time accordingly.
- You can make this into cupcakes instead of a cake. You will need to adjust the baking time though depending on the size of your cupcake mold/pan.
Other Recipes You’ll Love:
Easy red velvet cake without buttermilk
Lemon poppy ricotta pancakes keto
What is the difference between chocolate cake and dark chocolate cake?
Chocolate cake is made with cocoa powder and dark chocolate cake is made with melted chocolate.
Most chocolate cakes are made with a combination of cocoa powder and melted chocolate. This gives the cake a milder taste than a dark chocolate cake.
Can I use milk or white chocolate in this recipe?
Sure! You can use any type of chocolate that you want to make this cake. Milk, white, and even bittersweet chocolates all work well in this recipe. Just substitute the same amount of the type of chocolate that you are using for the melted semi-sweet/bittersweet/dark chocolates in the recipe.
Is dark chocolate cake healthy?
Dark chocolate cake is healthier than regular chocolate cake. Dark chocolate contains more fiber and less sugar and fat than milk or white chocolate.
What is better, dark or semi-sweet chocolate?
Dark and semi-sweet chocolates are the same thing. Semi-sweet just means that it has had some of the sugar removed from it before it is processed.
Can I make this into a gluten-free dark chocolate cake?
Yes! Just substitute gluten-free all-purpose flour for the all-purpose flour in this recipe. If you want to make this into cupcakes, then use gluten-free cupcake flour instead of all-purpose flour. How do you make a ganache for a dark chocolate cake? You can make a ganache for a dark chocolate cake by melting one cup of semi-sweet/bittersweet/dark chocolate and one cup of heavy cream over low heat in a saucepan until the chocolate is melted. Whisk the mixture together. Remove it from the heat and let it cool slightly. Then pour it over your cake or cupcakes and spread it evenly over the top with an offset spatula.
Valentine’s Day Dark Chocolate Cake Recipe
Valentine’s Day Dark Chocolate Cake
- 1 Cake Decorating Supplies Cake Decorating Kits Link has been given in this recipe
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 cup buttermilk (optional)
- 2 cup sour cream
For the Frosting:
- 8 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- ½ cup heavy cream, warm
- All you need to do is preheat the oven to 350° and then use a pan or butter to help spread the butter. Once all your ingredients are at room temperature, bake the bread in the oven. Preheat the oven to 350° before adding them to the pan or wax paper. Don't forget to butter the paper first.
- When whipped butter is used in a hand mixer, the butter must be Scraped down with a spatula first and it must be beaten at high speed for two minutes. The sugar must be added to the butter and beat on high speed for 2 minutes before it can be used in this recipe.
- Add the vanilla extract and eggs one at a time to your food processor. Scrape down the edges of the bowl midway through and finish by adding more salt, if desired. Taste the batter and make sure there are no lumps. It's ready to use.
- To create a Valentine's Day Dark Chocolate Cake, the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and sea salt are needed together and combined in a separate bowl, they become a single product.
- Add the half-all-purpose flour into the mixture and mix at low speed. When it is mostly added, add one-half of the sour cream and mix nicely 10 to 20s make sure all ingredients mix equally. Now add the dry and wet ingredients, scraping down the sides of the bowl between contributions. Do not mix as soon as you have a smooth batter.
- When the cake batter is ready now it's time to add the add batter to the pan, before adding the batter into the pan you must add butter paper. When you are done put the pan into the oven and bake the cake (approx. 30 mints) until the middle of the cake feels springy. It’s important to do the fingerprint test to see if the cake is done. The oven is different, so it’s important to do the fingerprint test so that you can determine if the cake is done.
- I can't wait to top off my cake with a perfect symmetrical donuts. But first, I need to cool it completely before icing.