This easy ricotta baked ziti recipe is a great weeknight dinner. It only takes 30 minutes to make and it’s kid-friendly. Ziti is a type of pasta that’s shaped like a tube. It’s perfect for this recipe because it holds the sauce and cheese well. Ricotta cheese is a soft, creamy cheese that pairs well with pasta.
Why You’ll Love This Ricotta baked ziti recipe:
This Ricotta baked ziti recipe is a great way to use up leftover pasta. It’s easy to make and it’s always a crowd-pleaser.
Ricotta cheese: This is a soft, creamy cheese that’s perfect for baked ziti recipes.
Ziti pasta: This is a type of pasta that’s shaped like a tube and perfect for this recipe.
Oregano: This herb is a favorite of Italian cooks. It’s a great way to add flavor and color to this dish.
Grated Parmesan cheese: Parmesan cheese is a versatile cheese that’s great for baked ziti recipes. It adds a nice, salty flavor.
Variations of Ricotta baked ziti recipe:
1. Ricotta baked ziti is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that can be varied in many ways.
2. This recipe uses a simple tomato sauce, but you could use your favorite sauce or even a store-bought sauce.
3. You could also add your favorite vegetables or meat to the dish.
4. The ricotta cheese gives the dish a creamy and cheesy texture.
Here is the list of variations you can also follow.
- baked ziti with ricotta and mozzarella
- vegetarian baked ziti with ricotta
- meatless baked ziti with ricotta and mozzarella
- baked ziti recipe with meat
- baked ziti recipe with sausage
- baked ziti recipe with sour cream
- baked ziti recipe with cottage cheese
- baked ziti recipe with beef
- baked ziti recipe with bread crumbs
- baked ziti recipe with ground beef and italian sausage
Chef’s Tips of Ricotta baked ziti recipe
- Do not add any salt or pepper to the ricotta cheese. It will have a salty taste if you do so. If you want the dish to be cheesier, then add some shredded mozzarella cheese to it.
- This recipe calls for whole-milk ricotta cheese, which is what we prefer to use in our house.
- If you can’t find whole-milk ricotta cheese, then regular ricotta will work just fine.
- You can use any type of pasta you like in this recipe. We used ziti pasta because it holds the sauce and cheese well.
- Toasting the breadcrumbs in a dry skillet before adding them to the dish helps to make sure they are crisp and crunchy when they are added to the dish at the end of cooking.
- When making this recipe, be sure not to overcook the ziti pasta or it will become mushy and soggy when mixed with the sauce and sauce-coating cheese (ricotta).
In the original recipe, the dish is served with a small salad of arugula and tomato with a light vinaigrette dressing. You can also serve it as an appetizer or on its own as a main course.
Other Recipes You’ll Love:
Recipe: How to make Ricotta baked ziti recipe
Ricotta baked ziti recipe
- 1 jar (24 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 box ziti pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together ricotta cheese, ziti pasta, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Allow cooling before cutting and serving.
- Serve with your favourite sauce.