Easy Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes Recipe
Lemon poppy seed pancakes are a delicious twist on the classic breakfast favorite. With their bright and zesty flavor, they are sure to be a hit with both kids and adults alike! Not only do they taste great, but this simple recipe is easy to make and requires just a few basic ingredients. Whether you’re looking for an exciting new way to start your day or need something tasty to add to your brunch menu, these lemon poppy seed pancakes are just the thing!
Why You’ll love Easy Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes
1. Lemon poppy seed pancakes have a unique and delicious flavor.
2. They are easy to make.
3. The combination of lemon zest and poppy seeds provides a nutritional boost.
4. The aroma of the lemon is refreshing and uplifting.
5. The combination of flavors creates a sophisticated breakfast dish.
How to Make vegan lemon poppy seed pancakes
Vegan lemon poppy seed pancakes are a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional pancakes. These light and fluffy vegan pancakes are sure to be a hit with anyone looking for an easy breakfast or brunch dish. Here’s how you can make these tasty vegan treats:
Start by combining the dry ingredients in a medium bowl. This includes 1 cup of all-purpose flour, 3 tablespoons of sugar, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 2 tablespoons of poppy seeds.
In a separate bowl combine 1 cup almond milk (or other non-dairy milk), 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or melted vegan butter and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract until well blended.
Slowly add the wet ingredients into the dry mixture while stirring constantly until there are no lumps present. In a separate bowl, mash 1 ripe banana until smooth.
Add the mashed banana to the batter along with 1/2 cup of vegan buttery sticks melted or 2 tablespoons of vegan butter. Use a spatula to stir everything together until it’s smooth and well blended.
Stir in 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts. Grease your waffle iron on both sides with vegan butter or coconut oil and follow the directions for your machine.
Store any leftovers in the refrigerator and reheat in the toaster!
What to serve with lemon poppy seed pancakes Recipe
A classic breakfast recipe, these Easy Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes are a delicious way to start your day. The addition of lemon zest and poppy seeds bring a delightful flavor to the pancakes that pairs perfectly with a variety of accompaniments.
There are many delicious options for serving with lemon poppy seed pancakes. Here are a few ideas:
- Fresh fruit: Slice up some fresh berries, such as strawberries, raspberries, or blueberries, and serve them on top of the pancakes. You could also chop up some sliced banana or diced mango for a tropical twist.
- Lemon curd: Spread a spoonful of lemon curd on top of the pancakes for a tangy, sweet topping.
- Whipped cream: Make a batch of whipped cream by beating heavy cream with a little sugar and vanilla extract. Top the pancakes with a dollop of whipped cream for a creamy, indulgent treat.
- Maple syrup: drizzle a generous amount of maple syrup over the pancakes for a classic, sweet topping.
- Yogurt: Swirl a spoonful of Greek yogurt over the pancakes for a slightly tangy, creamy topping.
- Nuts and seeds: Sprinkle some chopped nuts, such as almonds or pecans, or seeds, such as sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds, over the pancakes for a crunchy texture.
- Chocolate chips: Stir a handful of chocolate chips into the batter before cooking the pancakes, or sprinkle some over the top of the finished pancakes for a decadent treat.
Chef’s Tips for Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes
Here are a few chef’s tips for making delicious lemon poppy seed pancakes:
- Use fresh lemon juice and zest for the best flavor. Avoid using bottled lemon juice, as it may not have the same intensity of flavor.
- If you have time, allow the batter to rest for a few minutes before cooking the pancakes. This will help the ingredients to fully combine and result in a more cohesive, fluffy pancake.
- Use a griddle or a large, non-stick frying pan to cook the pancakes. Heat the griddle or pan over medium heat and lightly grease it with butter or cooking spray before cooking the pancakes.
- Be careful not to overcrowd the griddle or pan. Cook the pancakes in small batches to ensure that they cook evenly and don’t stick together.
- Use a measuring cup or a ladle to pour the batter onto the griddle or pan. Pour a small amount of batter onto the griddle or pan and use the back of the measuring cup or ladle to spread it into a circle.
- Cook the pancakes until bubbles form on the surface and the edges start to look dry. Flip the pancakes and cook the other side until it is golden brown.
- Serve the Lemon poppy ricotta pancakes hot, topped with butter, lemon zest, and a drizzle of maple syrup. Enjoy!
To make lemon poppy seed pancakes, you will need the following tools:
- A mixing bowl
- A whisk or a fork
- A griddle or a large, non-stick frying pan
- A spatula
- Measuring cups and spoons
You may also want to have a blender or a food processor on hand if you want to make a smoother batter. Additionally, you may want to have a lemon zester or a grater to zest the lemon peel and a juice squeezer to extract the lemon juice.
To store leftover lemon poppy seed pancakes, follow these instructions:
- Allow the pancakes to cool completely.
- Transfer the pancakes to an airtight container or wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
- Store the pancakes in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To reheat the pancakes, wrap them in a damp paper towel and microwave them on medium power for 30-60 seconds, or until they are heated through. Alternatively, you can place the pancakes on a baking sheet and heat them in the oven at 350°F (180°C) for 5-10 minutes, or until they are heated through.
- Serve the pancakes warm, topped with your desired toppings. Enjoy!
Note: You can also freeze the pancakes for longer storage. To freeze the pancakes, place them in a single layer on a baking sheet and freeze them until they are solid. Transfer the frozen pancakes to a resealable bag or an airtight container and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months. To thaw and reheat the frozen pancakes, follow the instructions above.
is lemon poppy seed dressing gluten free?
Lemon poppy seed dressing is typically made with ingredients that are naturally gluten-free, such as lemon juice, olive oil, and poppy seeds. However, it is always a good idea to check the label of any store-bought dressings to ensure that they are indeed gluten-free. Some dressings may contain ingredients that are derived from wheat, barley, or rye, which can contain gluten. If you are following a gluten-free diet, it is always best to opt for dressings that are labeled as gluten-free or to make your own dressing at home using gluten-free ingredients.
Is lemon poppy seed dressing healthy
Lemon poppy seed dressing can be a healthy choice depending on the specific ingredients and the serving size. Many store-bought versions of lemon poppy seed dressing are high in added sugars and calories, which can negatively impact your health if consumed in large amounts. Homemade versions of the dressing can be healthier, as you can control the ingredients and the amount of sugar used.
To make a healthier lemon poppy seed dressing, try using olive oil or avocado oil as the base instead of a less healthy oil, such as vegetable oil. You can also reduce the amount of sugar used and add in ingredients like yogurt or mayonnaise to add creaminess without excess calories. It’s also a good idea to use fresh lemon juice and zest for the best flavor and to add in some additional nutrients. As with all foods, it’s important to enjoy lemon poppy seed dressing in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
How to make Easy Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes
Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes
- 7 oz ricotta cheese whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 lemon zested & juiced
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2/3 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 tbsp Poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 12 drops liquid stevia
- 1 tbsp olive oil for cooking
- pinch sea salt
For Lemon Glaze
- 1/4 cup So Nourished Erythritol
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juiced
- Prepare one lemon. Zest the fruit press the lemon to get the juice.
- Put the zest and juice in a mixing bowl crack the eggs into the bowl. Stir together with the liquid stevia, vanilla, and ricotta cheese.
- Mix ricotta cheese, eggs, liquid stevia, vanilla
- Whisk the mixture with the dry ingredients until smooth.
- Add Poppy seeds, ground flax seeds, Baking Powder.
- Heat the oil in a skillet on moderate heat. Scoop 1/4 Cupfuls of the batter onto the oil but don't fill out the cup to the brim. Flip again the pancakes and leave for another two minutes Before the pancakes turn golden. Repeat for the rest of the number of batter.
- Start while massaging the pancakes making the lemon zest. Mix The juice with a powdered erythritol and almond milk. Stir well.
- Glaze the pancakes with the mix. Serve with a few Poppy seeds in addition to Enjoy!
- Low Carb Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes
Saturated Fat 8g40%
Cholesterol 197mg66 %
Vitamin A 532IU11%
Vitamin C 29mg35%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.