Eggplant may be one of the more intimidating vegetables to cook for a first-timer, but it’s actually very easy. All you need is a little patience and some basic kitchen skills.
This stove-roasted eggplant recipe requires just a few ingredients and no real cooking skill. The secret to success is to slice the eggplant into very thin rounds, and then bake them in the oven until they are soft. With a few simple steps, you’ll have a delicious side dish for your next dinner party.
I kept the seasonings basic because I wanted to keep this recipe as simple as possible. The eggplant slices are mixed with a garlic and herb mixture, then fried in olive oil. They are then topped with a simple red wine sauce and baked until everything is nice and melty.
Eggplant is one of those veggies that seem to be a little intimidating when it comes to cooking, but the actual prep is surprisingly simple. When you’re working with eggplant, there are a few key things you’ll want to keep in mind.
First, eggplants are probably the easiest vegetable to work with when it comes to roasting. The skin on eggplant is super thin and can be easily peeled off. I like to cut the eggplant into slices that are about 1/3 of an inch thick. You can also slice the eggplant into rounds, which is what I did for this recipe. Another great tip is to drizzle a little olive oil on your slices before roasting so that the skin stays nice and crispy. It also helps to salt the eggplant slices before roasting to draw out moisture from the eggplant’s skin. This is probably my favorite part of this recipe because I can’t get enough of that crispy skin!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS Stove EGGPLANT RECIPE
- The steak has an exceptionally soft and tender texture.
- It’s also a very healthy, low carb, and high protein recipe.
- You can easily make this into meatballs if you don’t have time to make the steak.
- Meat and vegetables that can be served as a side dish are nutritious.
- With some skill, summarize the task within a half-hour.
Eggplant: Eggplant is a nightshade vegetable that is high in antioxidants, fiber, and vitamins. It has a mild flavor and can be cooked in many ways.
olive oil: Olive oil is a healthy fat that is known to improve heart health and lower cholesterol levels. It is also a good source of antioxidants, which can help protect the body from disease. When used in eggplant recipes, olive oil helps to add flavor and richness, while also providing some health benefits.
Parsley leaves: Adding parsley leaves to an eggplant recipe can provide several benefits. Parsley is a good source of vitamins A and C, which are important for maintaining overall health. Additionally, parsley is a natural diuretic, meaning it can help rid the body of excess water weight. Adding parsley to an eggplant dish can help make it more nutritious and flavorful.
Ground beef or lamb: Ground beef is a great way to add protein and flavor to eggplant recipes. It’s also a good source of iron, zinc, and other nutrients.
Variations of eggplant recipes oven fried
Eggplant is one of the more popular vegetables used in many different types of foods. It’s very versatile and can be used in a variety of recipes and dishes. Eggplant is especially popular in Indian recipes, where it is often fried or cooked in an oven.
The eggplant is also a popular ingredient in Middle Eastern cuisine, where it is often cooked with onions and tomatoes. One of the most popular variations of eggplant recipes oven-fried includes garlic, onions, and tomatoes. Eggplant is also a popular ingredient in many types of ethnic dishes. This can include recipes that use eggplant as an ingredient or as a garnish.
Chef’s Tips on how to cook eggplant on the stove
- When you are cooking eggplant in a skillet, the best way to cook it is with high heat. This helps the eggplant cook more quickly and evenly than when it is cooked on the stovetop.
- Another way of cooking eggplant on the stovetop is to slice it. When you do this, you will want to use a sharp knife so that you can cut through the eggplant easily. You can also cook with an oil that has a high smoke point, such as olive oil.
- You should be able to cook the eggplant in a small skillet or large pot in less than 15 minutes. When you are cooking eggplant in a skillet, the best way to cook it is with high heat.
- The eggplant can be cooked on medium heat or high. To cook it on high heat, you should use a stainless steel skillet and try to avoid aluminum pans. Eggplant is very sensitive to metal touching the vegetable.
- Even though eggplant is a healthy vegetable, it does contain some toxins. Therefore it is important to cook the eggplant thoroughly so that the toxins are cooked out of it. Eggplant can be cooked in a skillet or over medium heat.
TOOLS TO MAKE
1. An oven with a broiler or a pizza stone
2. A baking sheet that is about 13 inches by 18 inches
3. A baking rack, if you don’t have one, use paper towels to cover the baking sheet
4. A skillet that has a cover
- Store: eggplant in the refrigerator for up to three days. Eggplant can be frozen for several months. When preparing to freeze, wash and dry thoroughly. Using a sharp knife, make cuts on both sides of the eggplant.
- Meal prep: The roasted eggplant slices won’t maintain their color, so I don’t recommend cooking them and storing the raw slices sliced.
- Reheat: Bake eggplant at 350 degrees F. (I use the toast setting as my heating element, so I use it the same way when reheating it.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH ROASTED EGGPLANT SLICES?
I like to serve them with grilled salmon, but you can also pair it with marinated tofu.
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO COOK EGGPLANT?
Eggplant is a hearty vegetable and will hold its shape when cooked.
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO PREPARE EGGPLANT?
Eggplant is a hearty vegetable and will hold its shape when cooked.
WHAT IS THE BEST INGREDIENT TO USE WITH EGGPLANT?
There are many different ways to prepare eggplant. The most common is roasting it and slicing it. You can also bake it in the oven or grill it in a skillet with some olive oil and seasoning.
what to do with eggplant before cooking?
Eggplant can be stored in the refrigerator for about a week. what is the best way to cook eggplant? Eggplants are generally cooked by boiling, baking or grilling. You can also bake them in the oven or grill them on a skillet with some olive oil and seasoning.
Other Recipes You’ll Love:
How to cook Eggplant in the oven
- 1 eggplant
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley leaves
- Garlic cloves
- Tomato paste
- Onion, diced
- Ground beef or lamb
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Peel the eggplant and chop it into 1" cubes.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and let it heat up.
4. Add the eggplant cubes and season them with salt, pepper, parsley leaves, garlic cloves, and tomato paste (I like to mix some of my own basil in).
5. Cook for about 5 minutes until the vegetables are tender and slightly browned on the outside.
6. Transfer the contents of the skillet to an oven-safe dish and bake for 20-25 minutes until everything is cooked through.
7. While the eggplant is baking, prepare your ground beef or lamb according to your preference (I like to use ground beef). Once ready, add it to the skillet with the onion and cook until everything is fully cooked through. Serve hot!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 286Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 160mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 5gSugar: 8gProtein: 20g