Chicken salad is a delicious meal that can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The best part about chicken salad recipes is you can make them as healthy or unhealthy as you want. This blog post will provide some of the healthy chicken salad recipes for weight loss and dieting purposes.
In this recipe, we’re making a delicious and healthy chicken salad that’s perfect for meal prep. It includes grapes, pecans, and our famous dressing so it’s really Healthy Chicken Salad Recipes for Weight Loss.
This is an easy dinner or side dish recipe you can make in just 15 minutes with simple ingredients like leftover roasted chicken.
This creamy chicken salad is a combination of two classic salads, Waldorf and chicken. It’s the perfect way to use up leftover roasted or rotisserie chickens from dinner.
This recipe for the classic chicken salad is simple and delicious, but with a twist. I added red grapes to this traditional dish because they add an extra crunch and sweetness that I love.
This is a delicious chicken salad recipe with grapes, pecans, celery and green onion in our dressing.
Tips for Chicken Salad Recipes
- You can easily swap out ingredients to make these recipes even healthier.
- If you don’t have celery, try adding cucumber or carrots instead.
- If you don’t have pecans, try using walnuts or almonds instead.
- If you’re trying to avoid dairy, use coconut milk yogurt instead of mayonnaise.
- If you’re trying to avoid fruit, try adding apples or pears instead.
- If you don’t have grapes, try using raisins or cranberries instead.
- Try to use local and organic ingredients if possible.
- Use the freshest ingredients possible.
This recipe is a delicious and healthy chicken salad that’s perfect for meal prep. It includes grapes, pecans, and our famous dressing so it’s really Healthy Chicken Salad Recipes for Weight Loss.
In this simple chicken salad, there are 5 key ingredients that ensure the best taste and texture.
Chicken: Leftover chicken can be used to create a flavorful dish. We use two large chicken breasts from a whole roasted or rotisserie cooked bird, but you could also sauteed cut up pieces of dark meat if leftover parts are available.
Bacon: We cook the bacon until it is crisp, but not burnt.
Mayonnaise: The mayo adds a creamy texture and a rich flavor.
Dijon Mustard: This adds a tangy kick that balances out the flavors in your salad. We use a whole grain Dijon mustard, but you could also use regular.
Celery : Celery adds crunch to the salad. We use one stalk of celery, but it could be swapped out for carrots or cucumber if needed.
what is the best chicken salad dressing?
This sweet and creamy dressing is similar to the broccoli salad we love, except it doesn’t contain any sugar or honey since grapes add enough sweetness. The creaminess of this tart dressing makes it lighter than just using mayo alone; adding sour cream gives a tangy flavor that complements the freshness from other ingredients such as onions and celery seeds well.
Mayonnaise: The mayonnaise adds a creamy texture and rich flavor.
Sour Cream: The sour cream gives the dressing its tangy kick as well as a creamy texture.
Cider Vinegar: The cider vinegar adds a tart flavor that balances out the dressing and works with all of the ingredients in the recipe.
Lemon juice: The lemon juice gives the dressing its bright citrus flavor.
Dill: The dill adds a fresh, herbal flavor.
Salt: Salt helps to balance the flavors in this dressing. It’s always best to add salt to your dressing at the end because it will not taste as salty once all of the ingredients have been added.
Black pepper: The black pepper adds a spicy kick to the dressing.
Red grapes: This classic and simple salad is made with fresh fruit that will make you feel like you’re eating a healthy version of your favorite salad at the local deli.
How to Make Healthy Chicken Salad Recipes for Weight Loss
Toast pecans: Spread pecans in an even layer on a baking sheet and toast until fragrant, about five minutes. Be careful not to burn the pecans. Let the pecan halves cool completely before using in your recipe.
Chop Chicken: Cut chicken into small cubes and place in a large bowl.
Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, dijon mustard, celery seeds (or celery), and black pepper. Whisk until well combined, then add to the chicken mixture.
Chop grapes: Cut grapes in half and add to the chicken mixture.
Add pecans: Cut cooled pecan halves into smaller pieces, if needed, then remove from oven and add to chicken mixture.
Toss gently until all ingredients are well combined and serve immediately, or refrigerate for up to one day before serving.
How to Serve Chicken Salad Recipes for Weight Loss?
We love to serve this salad for lunch because it’s easy to turn into a meal. It can be served as a side dish or main course and is delicious either way.
Over Mixed Greens: Make a delicious salad with your favorite greens such as arugula or mixed salad greens, top it off with the chicken salad and serve.
Lettuce Cups: Tasty, low-carb lettuce cups are a great way to have lunch.
Croissant Sandwiches: Cut your croissant in half as you would a sandwich, then add the salad. Now it tastes like an amazing bakery-quality sandwich!
Pita Bread: A wonderful summer meal is a chicken salad pita. This recipe has been passed down from generation to generation, everyone loves it!
Pro Tip Healthy Chicken Salad Recipes:
- You can use store-bought rotisserie chicken instead of cooking your own. This saves you time and gives this recipe a great meaty flavor. You can also use canned chicken if you have it on hand and don’t want to cook your own, but we love to use our rotisserie chicken.
- To make croissants taste like they just came out of a bakery oven, reheat them in an air fryer at 350˚F for 3 minutes.
- The USDA recommends storing cooked chicken for 3-4 days in the refrigerator. However, leftover chicken salad can be stored in an airtight container for up to three or fours depending on how fresh it is and should not be refrozen if thawed.
if you love avocado and honey you can enjoy Corn avocado tomato salad with honey lime dressing.
Healthy chicken salad recipes for weight loss
- 1 lb cooked chicken breast meat seasoned and placed on top of
- 2 cup seedless red grapes halved
- 1 cup finely chopped celery (from two to three sticks),
- 1/2 cup of finely diced onion (one medium-sized onion) topped
- 1 cup pecans which have been coarsely chopped
Chicken Salad Dressing:
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp dill finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- While the skillet is heating up, chop pecans on a cutting board and place them in a bowl. Place this bowl aside to cool for 3-5 minutes until they become fragrant then transfer back into the same dry skillet over medium/low heat and toast again until golden brown before removing from heat altogether.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together diced chicken, halved grapes, sliced celery and chopped onion. Top with cooled pecans then drizzle honey mustard dressing over the top before serving.
- To make the dressing, combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and stir to mix well.
- For the best flavor, make sure you add all of your favourite dressing to this salad. You can also adjust it based on what tastes good for each person! Make sure to put in lots of toppings and stir everything together so that every bite is delicious. Once done chilling in the fridge, serve up a bowl or two before everyone else gobbles them down.