The Healthy Black eyed peas recipe is the perfect way to start off any meal. It is a dish that you can make all year round and is nutritious and healthy.
The Black eyed peas recipe has been around for centuries. It is a staple food in many African countries, as well as India, Australia and the Caribbean. In particular, it is popular in Nigeria and Ghana where there are more than 1 million people who are related to Africa or Indian origin, who can trace their roots back to these areas.
Why You’ll Love This Healthy Black eyed peas recipe
Black eyed peas are a great source of protein. They provide a complete protein and are a great source of dietary fiber. They contain all nine essential amino acids, so they’re packed with nutrition.
Healthy Black eyed peas recipe
- Elevates your protein intake, maximum satiety and helps you maintain or lose weight with a balanced diet.
- Protein nutrition is an essential part of diet.
- It not only provides energy; it also boosts mental alertness.
- For quick and easy access to protein needs, this app contains a complete source of all nine essential amino acids.
Chef’s Tips for Healthy Black eyed peas recipe
- You can prepare this dish with different spices and add it to the dishes you cook.
- Black eyed peas are crunchy and have a strong taste.
- black-eyed peas (Dried) – This breakfast recipe is a beginner’s guide to cooking dried black eyed peas
- Chicken– 6 to 7 cups of chicken broth, which contains 4.7 grams of sodium per serving.
- Tomatoes (Petite diced) –This has already been done for black eyed peas! It gets tangy the more the beans are soaked.
- Cooked bacon – This bacon is seasoned, smoked and ready for cooking.
- Diced ham – Let’s make a cube of leftovers ham!
- Other flavorings – Garlic and onions cooked in a rich, garlicky sauce, infused with the flavor of fresh oregano. – A rich combination of garlic and onions cooked in a garlicky sauce with a hint of oregano.
There is a big business case for having a variety of healthy recipes, for example for lunch or dinner.
All the ingredients mentioned in this recipe are easily available at any supermarket. There is no need to go to a specialist delicatessen and buy some speciality ingredients that are not on the shelves.
Should I soak my black eyed peas recipe?
The next day, I realised that I had forgotten to soak my black eyed peas for the last time. I decided to experiment with soaking the peas for a few hours, and then cooking them right away. I found this technique to be very convenient. I soaked my black eyed peas in a large bowl of warm water until they were completely soft. As they became soft, they were then rinsed well and drained. Although it took a few more hours, the soaking period was definitely worth it.
How long do you cook fresh black eyed peas recipe?
Healthy Black eyed peas recipe
- 0.45 kg black eyed peas
- 2 medium diced onion
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Half a teaspoon of ground cayenne
- Half a teaspoon of ground white pepper
- 2 fresh Diced celery stalks
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- Minced and deseeded one jalapeo
- 1 tsp Salt
- A half-tsp of ground cumin
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 0.4 kg Pork neck bones (smoked)
- 5 to 6 cup low-sodium chicken broth or water
- Take a large bowl Pour with water over peas and baking soda. Cover the bowl and let soak for overnight or you can take mini 5 to 6 hours. After complete time Rinse beans and allow to drain completely.
- Add two tablespoon oil in a large pot with medium heat. When oil heated add garlic, onions, celery stalks, salt jalapeno stirring occasionally, until lightly golden, about 10 minutes.
- Prepare a well in the center of the pan by pushing vegetables to the edges. Now Add remaining 1 tbsp oil in the well, Afterwards, stir all the spices for a minute to release their aromas. Pork, peas, and broth should be added. Cook for about 10 minutes, then reduce the heat to low.
- Set pot on low and cover partially with a lid; simmer until peas are tender, about 35 minutes. Removing the lid and letting the liquid reduce for 10 to 20 minutes will concentrate broth.
- Now enjoy peas and Serve with cornbread, and hot sauce. It is optional you can add according to your taste.