There are few things as delicious as a freshly baked cake, and this eggless tutti frutti cake with nuts is no exception. This cake is bursting with flavor and is perfect for those who are looking for a tasty treat that is egg-free. The tutti frutti in this cake gives it a lovely sweetness, while the nuts add a lovely crunch. This cake is sure to satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth.
WHAT IS TUTTI FRUTTI fruit cake?
A tutti frutti fruit cake is a cake that is made with a variety of fruits, nuts, and spices. It is a very moist and flavourful cake that is perfect for any occasion. This cake is very easy to make and can be made in advance. It is a great cake for those who want to bake without the use of eggs.
Why You’ll Love Eggless tutti frutti fruit cake:
- Eggless tutti frutti fruit cake is a delicious and moist cake that can be made in advance.
- This cake is perfect for those who are looking for an egg-free recipe to make.
- The cake is packed with sweet and fruity flavours.
- This cake can be made with a variety of fruits.
- it’s a delicious and moist cake that is perfect for any occasion.
- The healthy cake is low in calories and fat.
How to Make tutti frutti fruit cake without egg:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit before getting started.
2. In a bowl, mix together all of your dry ingredients including flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
3. Next, add in your wet ingredients like milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract. Stir until everything is well combined.
4. Now it’s time to fold in your tutti frutti fruits and nuts. Be sure to evenly distribute them throughout the batter.
5. Pour the batter into a greased and floured cake pan and bake for 45 minutes. Once the cake is done, let it cool on a wire rack before frosting it with your favourite tutti frutti fruit frosting.
Chef’s Tips for tutti frutti fruit cake without egg
To make a tutti frutti fruit cake without egg, you’ll need to use a vegan substitute for the egg such as a flax egg.
You’ll also need to use dairy-free milk such as almond or coconut milk.
Be sure to use a good quality tutti frutti fruit mix that doesn’t contain any artificial colors or flavors.
This cake is best made a couple of days in advance so it can really soak up the flavors.
unsalted butter: There are a few different types of unsalted butter that would work well for a tutti frutti fruit cake without egg. For a richer flavor, you could use European-style unsalted butter. Or, for a more traditional flavor, you could use an American-style unsalted butter. Whichever type of unsalted butter you choose, make sure it is fresh and of good quality.
zesting lemons: There are a few things to keep in mind when zesting lemons for a tutti frutti cake without eggs. First, make sure the lemons are fresh – the zest will be more fragrant and flavorful. Second, use a Microplane or other fine grater to get the zest – this will help ensure that the zest is evenly distributed throughout the cake.
light brown sugar: There are a few different types of light brown sugar, but the best one to use for a tutti frutti fruit cake without egg is the unrefined variety. This type of sugar has a higher molasses content, which gives it a richer flavor and darker color.
cornstarch: There are a few different types of cornstarch, but the best one to use for a tutti frutti fruit cake without egg is the superfine variety. This type of cornstarch will give your cake a light and fluffy texture.
Unsweetened applesauce: There are many brands of unsweetened applesauce that would work well in a tutti frutti fruit cake. Some brands to consider are Mott’s, Knott’s, and Lucky Leaf.
This tutti frutti fruit cake recipe is best when served immediately. However, you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. Bring the cake back to room temperature before serving.
USED TO MAKE THIS TUTTI FRUTTI FRUIT CAKE:
Round layer baking pan: – I love this pan because it’s so easy to unmold the cake. This is the perfect addition to any kitchen. It’s not just for baking! The non-stick coating makes it very easy to clean and it’s dishwasher safe, which is a huge plus.
Cake mixer: or hand mixer – I have this mixer and it’s been a workhorse for me. It’s held up amazingly well over the years and it still works like a charm.
Mixing bowls – I have this set, and it comes with several bowls of different sizes.
Whisk: – I have this whisk, and it’s one of the few that I own that actually works.
Measuring spoons – These measuring spoons are perfect for measuring small amounts of liquid ingredients like vanilla extract or almond extract.
Is the cake gluten-free?
No, it’s not. The cake is made with all-purpose flour and the frosting contains butter.
Is the cake vegan?
No, it’s not. It has eggs in the batter and cream cheese in the frosting, so it’s not vegan.
How long will it take to make the cake?
It should take you about an hour to make the cake. I say “should” because it will probably take me longer than that.
Can I use different flavours of Oreos?
Absolutely! You can even use non-Oreo cookies if you’d like.
Other Cake Recipes You’ll love
How to make Eggless tutti frutti fruit cake with nuts
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons corn-starch
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted (see recipe notes)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour in one Round baking pan.
Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter on medium speed until creamy.
- Add granulated sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add lemon zest and orange zest. In a small bowl, whisk together apple sauce, sweetener, corn-starch, and baking soda.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with the apple sauce mixture.
- Stir in walnuts. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before cutting into bars.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 282Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 201mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 3gSugar: 41gProtein: 7g