Easy Fried corn cob recipe
Batter Fried Corn-on-the-Cob is the perfect marriage of the Corn Dog and Corn-on-the-Cob. The batter is crispy and golden, and the corn is tender and juicy. Whether you’re a fan of either classic snacks, or want to combine the two for a new and delicious experience, batter Fried Corn-on-the-Cob is sure to please.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS fried corn cob recipe
- It’s easy to make and delicious.
- The batter is crispy and golden, just like the Corn Dog.
- The corn is tender and juicy, just like the Corn-on-the-Cob.
- You can top the batter Fried Corn-on-the-Cob with your favorite condiments, such as ketchup, mustard, and mayo.
- You can use any type of batter you like to fry the corn.
Ingredient for fried corn cob
Vegetable oil: If you’re looking for a healthy option, vegetable oil is a good choice for frying corn cobs. It has a high smoke point, meaning it can withstand heat without smoking or burning, and it doesn’t have a strong flavor that will overpower the taste of the corn.
All-purpose flour: Corn cobs can be fried using all-purpose flour, but it is not necessary. Cornmeal or a cornstarch and water mixture can also be used to coat the cobs.
Garlic powder: Garlic powder is a great way to add flavor to your fried corn cob. Just sprinkle it on before you fry them up, and you’ll have a delicious dish that everyone will love!
yellow cornmeal: you can use yellow cornmeal for fried corn cobs. I would recommend using a light or medium-grind cornmeal, rather than a coarse grind so that the batter will adhere to the corn cobs better. You’ll also want to make sure the oil is hot enough before you start frying so that the cobs will cook through quickly without becoming soggy.
How to make fried corn cob
1. Start by heating oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. 2. Cut the kernels off of the cob and add them to the hot oil. 3. Cook the corn for 3-5 minutes or until it is golden brown and crispy. 4. Serve with salt, pepper, and butter, if desired.
Variations of the fried corn cob recipe
- There are many variations of fried corn cob recipes, but they all have a few things in common. The cobs are usually boiled or steamed until just tender, then battered and fried. Some recipes call for a coating of cornmeal or flour, while others use a mixture of eggs and milk.
- The batter is usually a simple mixture of cornmeal, flour, sugar, and salt. Ketchup, mustard, and mayo are often mixed with the batter for topping the corn.
- The corn is usually dipped in milk or beaten egg before frying. In some recipes, the batter is used to coat the corn as well. The amount of batter poured over each cob varies from recipe to recipe. This may be because it depends on how much batter is used, or because the batter is less than a perfect coating for all the kernels.
Chef’s Tips for fried corn cob
- Before frying the corn, dip it in milk or beaten eggs to help hold the batter on better.
- The batter should be fairly thick and pourable, but not so thick that it is difficult to pour.
- Corn is best when fried in small batches; too much batter can make a mess.
- The corn should be cooked until it is golden brown, and is no longer sticky.
- Corn can also be eaten as a side dish, or as a main course with other dishes.
- Corn can be eaten either warm or cold. To serve warm, cut the kernels off the cob and fill a bowl.
- Serve in a saucepan with butter, salsa, or other condiments.
TOOLS TO MAKE fried corn cob
1) A deep fryer is the best way to make fried corn. It can be used to cook other vegetables as well.
2) Corn husks are good for wrapping around the cob so that it does not become too soggy.
3) A grater is useful for removing the silky strands of corn.
4) A knife can be used to cut the cob into pieces, depending on how you want to serve it.
STORAGE INSTRUCTIONS fried corn cob
1) Corn should be stored in an airtight container.
2) It can be kept in the freezer for up to 6 months.
3) Uncooked corn cobs must be kept sealed in a bag or container so that they do not dry out and become brittle.
What is the best oil to use for deep frying?
The best oil to use for deep frying is a high-quality, heat-stable oil that has a high smoke point. Some good options include peanut oil, grapeseed oil, and sunflower oil.
Is corn cob healthy
Corn cobs are not typically considered a healthy food, as they are high in carbohydrates and low in nutrients. However, they can be a part of a balanced diet if eaten in moderation.
is corn on the cob healthy for diabetics
Corn on the cob can be a healthy option for diabetics, as long as they are mindful of their portion size. Corn is a good source of fiber and vitamin C, and it also contains antioxidants that can help protect against disease. However, corn is also high in carbohydrates, so diabetics should eat it in moderation to avoid blood sugar spikes.
Is grilled corn on the cob healthy?
Yes, grilled corn on the cob is healthy. Corn is a good source of fiber, vitamin C, and B vitamins.
Other Recipes You’ll Love:
Easy corn chowder recipe crockpot
Best Corn casserole recipe with cream cheese
Corn avocado tomato salad with honey lime dressing
How to fried corn cob recipe
Easy fried corn cob recipe
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 2 cups ice water
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the flour and garlic powder; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Gradually add the cornmeal and continue cooking, stirring, until thickened.
- Add the ice water and stir until smooth.
- Serve hot.