Easter poke cake recipe
Easter poke cake is a dessert that is made by poking holes in a white cake and filling them with a mixture of flavored Jello, then topping the cake with whipped cream. The cake is then decorated with jelly beans or colored sprinkles. This recipe can be used for any holiday. This is a very simple recipe and can be made in just a few minutes. Another variation is to fill the cake with chocolate pudding, then add jelly beans.
The instructions for making this fun dessert are very simple:
Cut a round and flat piece of white cake (or freeze some from a previous cake). Make sure you have enough cake so that it will rise to the top of your dish.
Have all of your ingredients ready to go. Place 1-2 tablespoons of Jello in the center of the cake. Spread the Jell-O around with a spoon.
Why You’ll Love This Easter poke cake:
- This is a very simple recipe and can be made in just a few minutes. Another variation is to fill the cake with chocolate pudding, then add jelly beans.
- This Easter poke cake is a delicious dessert that you will love. The cake is made with a chocolate cake mix and a can of sweetened condensed milk.
- The cake is poked with a fork and then filled with a mixture of whipped cream, marshmallow creme, and chocolate chips. The cake is then topped with more whipped cream and chocolate chips.
- My daughter had a party for her 4th birthday and I wanted to make something easy. I thought this would be easy enough to do. My daughter loves Easter so it was perfect. Everyone loved the cake and it was very simple to make.
Chef’s Tips of Easter poke cake
- Use a chocolate cake mix that has pudding in it. This will make the cake taste like chocolate cake and not too sweet.
- Buy a can of sweetened condensed milk and add it to the cake as you poke holes in it.
- Use a cake pop stick for the holes.
- Use a piping bag as you pipe whipped cream and chocolate chips on top of the cake.
- You can make this cake ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- This cake is best served cold. I have served it at room temperature and it has been good too.
- I used a can of lemon frosting for the whipped cream on top.
- If you don’t like lemon frosting you can use any other cream cheese frosting.
- I used a chocolate cake mix in this recipe and added the condensed milk to make it taste like chocolate cake instead of too sweet.
Variations of Easter poke cake:
I have seen many variations of this cake and they are all delicious and very festive.
- Use vanilla frosting instead of lemon and omit the chocolate chips
- Add a can of cream of coconut to make it taste like coconut
- Use plain cake mix instead of the chocolate cake mix
- Add a can of coconut milk to make it taste like coconut
- Bake in a 9×13 pan and frost with cream cheese icing
- Bake in an 8X8 pan and frost with lemon cream cheese icing
- Use white cake mix instead of the chocolate cake mix
- Use white frosting and add a can of coconut milk to make it taste like coconut
- Add chopped nuts to the cake
- Use white cake mix, and white frosting, and add a can of coconut milk to make it taste like coconut.
Does Poke Cake Need To Be Refrigerated?
No, but it will stay fresh longer if you do. You can keep it in the fridge for up to a week and it should not get soggy. A lot of people like to freeze poke cake when they finish eating it. This helps to extend its shelf life as well.
Best Food Colorings to Use for Easter Egg Poke Cake?
Lemon extract and almond extract work great. If you want to use some other kind of food coloring, make sure that it is edible. You do not want to accidentally ingest any of your cake.
How Long Does Poke Cake Last?
Poke cake will last for about a week in the fridge. If you want to make it with fresh ingredients, then you can keep it for up to three days in the fridge.
what is a traditional Easter cake?
A traditional Easter cake is made from a sponge cake with a cream filling. It is more like a pound cake than a poke cake. The sponge cake is baked and then it is filled with whipped cream. The buttercream frosting holds the cake together.
What is the best way to poke holes in a poke cake?
Sometimes, you will want to poke holes in your cake. You can do this by using a skewer or a pin. Make sure that the hole is small enough to not ruin the delicate look of your cake.
Does a poke cake recipe have to be refrigerated?
No. A poke cake can be left out at room temperature for several hours without any problems. Can you freeze a poke cake? Yes, you can freeze a poke cake. You should freeze the cake in an airtight container. The cake will last up to three months in the freezer.
Where did the poke cake recipe easter originate?
There is some debate over where poke cake originated, but most believe it came from the Midwest. The recipe is simple – poke holes in a cake and pour a sweet syrup over it. This creates a moist and delicious dessert that’s perfect for any occasion.
why is it called poke cake?
Poke cake is a delicious dessert that originated in the Midwest. It consists of a cake, which has been poked with holes. The cake is then covered in sweet syrup or jelly and served.
What is some Easter poke cakes?
There are many different kinds of poke cakes you can make for Easter. You can use any type of sponge cake or yellow layer cake. You can also substitute raspberry jam for lemon juice to create an entirely new flavor profile. There are so many variations on this theme, so you should be able to find something that suits your tastes perfectly!
What kind of frosting should I use on my Easter poke cakes?
You will want to use buttercream frosting if you are making these as regular Easter treats. If you want to make them into fancy desserts, such as cupcakes or cookies, then you will need to use whipped cream frosting instead!
Other Recipes You’ll Love:
Red velvet cake without buttermilk
Recipe: easter poke cake
Easter poke cake recipe
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup white grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- food color
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour one 9×13 inchbaking pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk togetherflour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add oil and eggs; mix well.
- Stir in water, grapefruit juice, and vanilla extract.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool for 5 minutes before cutting into squares.
- To make the frosting: In a large bowl, beat together butter and shortening until smooth. Add white grapefruit juice; beat for one minute. Stir in food color. Frost cake with frosting. Drizzle with more grapefruit juice if desired.