The amaretti biscuits are the Italian almond macaroon. This crunchy biscuit has a traditional recipe with almonds, sugar and egg white.
The best amaretti biscuit maker is an italian one which lives in Verona who taught me his secret family recipe.
Amaretti biscuits Recipe
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp amaretto
- 175 g caster sugar
- 150 g almonds
- Icing sugar to coat
- Preheat oven to 330°F (165°C).
- Put the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl with your mixer’s paddle attachment and mix until it becomes cohesive, about 2 minutes. You can also use food processor if you don't have any other way of doing so.
- Add the egg whites and Amaretto Liquor or almond extract to your stand mixer. Mix thoroughly until a dough forms, then transfer into Tart pans with removable bottoms so that they can be baked easily later on (you'll need two tarts per person).
- The amaretti cookie dough is a delicious, delicate treat that can be enjoyed at any time of day. Simply roll it out into an inch-thick log and you'll have yourself some delicious cookies in no time.Molding little cookie dough pieces into a ball should be done carefully, so that they are not too soft or firm. If you're having trouble getting them just right, then give it some time and try again until the desired consistency is achieved.
- You may use the same method with a recipe for powdered sugar. Roll and coat them into powder sugar.
- Place coated cookie balls on a separate parchment paper–lined baking sheet 1/2 inch apart.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, then remove from oven.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Enjoy your delicious amaretti biscuits. They are a great way to finish a meal or just enjoy.